Maternal & Child Community
Getting Pregnant after a miscarriage and D & C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had a miscarriage and D & C 2 weeks ago.  I have done a lot of fishing around about what happens now with getting pregnant and I have found a wide range of answers.  I have one boy that is about to turn 2.  this was my second pregnancy.  I lost it at 12 weeks but the baby died at 8/6.  I have had sparatic bleeding and the last time it was almost completely brown. (they tell me it's old blood).   I guess my question is how long does it take to get pregnant.  When does your period come back and even if I don't have a period before I get pregnant again, is there a risk with that.  I can't help but wake up each day and think about how far along I would be and I have two close friends that are due two days after I would have been.  I guess the only thing I think will help is another due date.  The Dr. said my pathology came back okay.  It was a normal pregnancy just bad luck.
I had a naturally miscarriage in December, the next cycle before I even got a period I got pregnant.  I'm currently 14w4d pregnant and I'm having a pretty healthy pregnancy.  Everyone's body is different, some women take longer to get their period again.  Good luck.  And I'm sorry for your loss.
I had a d&c at 12wks 1/4/07. The dr told me to wait one period then ok. After talking to many women here on the forum that conceived after mc b4 1st period I decided to go ahead and try. It seems that for the most part they tell you to wait till period resumes so they can date conception. Also to give emotional time to heal. My hcg got back to 0 about 2 weeks after d&c and I ovulated a couple of days after that. But I am still trying. Some women conceive right away. I'm sorry for you loss and I hope it happens soon for you.
my d&c was in december at 12 weeks and a few days. it took 9 weeks to get my first af then i got pregnant. i am now nine weeks and 2 days with twins. so far so good. the reason to wait is dating the pregnancy and to heal emotionally. my doctor said i have no higher risk than anyone else to miscarry. there are plenty of women here who have done the same thing and almost as many who got pregnant before their first af.

if the doctor tracks your hcg back down to zero that will make it easier for you to know what to expect time wise. for me i had to track my own down by hpts until i finally got bfn.

i really am very sorry for your loss and good luck on ttc
I miscarried and had a D&C in late March at 10 weeks of pregnancy.  I menstruated 5/27, 8/1, and 9/24.  I got pregnant around 10/22.  Basically, my periods never went back to being anything close to normal, and it took me about seven months to get pregnant.    
I had a D&C 1/26/07.  I started trying to conceive again 2 weeks afterwards.  I got my first period 30 days after the D&C.  I am currently on my 2nd cycle post D&C and still trying to conceive.  Chart your temps to see if you ovulate.  Best wishes.
I waited 1 AF to start ttc after my d&c in Nov 2005 and conceived after my 2nd AF. I have a 6 mo DD now. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you*************
Firstly im sorry for your loss. Secondly i had a natural m/s that happened and finished rather quickly on the 21st march. My doc told me to wait 1 cycle. I posted a similar question and got pretty much the same answer of that waiting 1 cycle was for dates and emotional healing. 1 reply i got was the one that influenced my desision the most and that was do it when your feel ready! If you feel emotionaly and physicaly ready then there is no reason why you wouldn't be ably to carry full term if you were to fall pregnant straight away. We made the choice to start trying as soon as we could and only time will tell. Good luck i hope all goes well for you.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.  It is good to hear from those that have gone through this.  I hope all goes well for all of you.
...i lost a pregnancy last year on christmas time,i was about 12 weeks,since than i was never able to concive again.I guess is not really my decision,but God's.Sometimes is depressing,but when i look at  my daughter(she's 2 now),all i can do is to hope....
I had a D&C on 13 March 2008. I had very light bleeding for about 4 days after and feel emotionally fine and physically fit. I want to know if it is safe to start trying again straight away or if i should wait. My cycles have always been very regular and no problems with that. I am very sporty and will be slowing down on that at the end of April. Is it ok for us to go ahead?
i had a miscarege and hemorraged so bad I almost died.  I had a D&C and got pregnant like 5 months later. I dont remember how my periods where ....it was along time ago.
I
how did u track it down on ur own?