Going into labor before scheduled c-section
I'm scheduled for a c-section on April 20th - which I realize is still quite awhile away.  However I'm considered high risk for pre-term labor and delivery.  Anyway, last week I was 60% effaced but not dilated at all.  I've been having contractions since before Christmas, but lately they have been much stronger....still not anything regular enough to be considered true labor.

My question is - has anyone gone into labor (or at least started dilating) before their scheduled c-section?  If so, did they re-schedule it or did you have to go into full blown labor first?  How dilated were you when this decision was made?

I'm getting very anxious and my doctor keeps giving me the wait and see answer.  So I'm curious if anyone else out there has been in my situation before...

Thanks!
Is there a medical reason for your c-section or is it elective?  

One thing is for sure, if you go into labour and that baby is showing signs of distress, you will get the necessary section.
My first was breech and therefore I had a c section with her.  My doctor advises against VBAC, so that's why I'm scheduled for another one.
My 2nd pregnancy was an elective c section after my first ending in a c section and being 20 months apart I thot it was a bit risky to try a VBAC I was always stressing I would go into labor early I was told if I went into labor it would be an emergency c section so maybe thats what would happen to you if you went into labor the strange thing is my body must of been going into labor the day of the c section as I had a few pains and my baby had been stressed so c section was the best decision I ever made for my babys sake good luck im sure all will go well take care.
My first child was born to C-section on August 11, 1993 after 26 hrs of Labor.  My 2nd was a V-Bac on Jan 2nd of 1998 after 22 hrs of labor.  My 3rd one was another c-section Nov 25, 2007.  I chose V-bac and wanted to for the 3rd child but after 29 hrs of labor my cervix swelled.  I have had both and I am one of those that sooo prefer the v-bac!  I would not take back my choice to try to have a vaginal birth at all. some prefer to go ahead with another scheduled c-section. psst I am new to  boards.
Umm maybe I should have put Nov 25, 2006 lol oops I put him as nov 25 2007