Maternal & Child Community
Got my first Ultrasound and the news wernt so great... i am worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Today i went for my first U/S ever, i was so excited to see that little think in there and now everything has fallen appart. they kept looking for the fetus but couldnt see anything.... they said that the sac is empty and that it may have been too soon to see anything at all since i was  told that i am only 6 weeks and that it may be too early. but the other thing i was told was that i may just have an empty sac, she just told me that there was not a thing i could do about it to just do the things i do regularly and see what would happen in a week.
now i am just here waiting for my next U/S and i am soo worried because i am looking foword on being a mother and this just brought everything down to the floor, i couldnt stop crying and i felt like nothing could make me feel better, the fact that my mother hugged me made the a world of a diffrence and now i am more calm..
please i need to hear similar stories, need to hear promising stories ones that are going to give be currage to hang on through thos whole week until my next U/S.
It's very possible that it was too early.

Your dr is right. All you can do is play the waiting game. The waiting game *****.

You'll just really have to keep yourself busy and try very hard not to think about it. (I know, easier said then done).

I've never had the experience myself, so I can't offer you a similar story, but I can keep you in my prayers.

Good luck