Growth Spurt?
Mickey will be 7wks tomorrow, and over the past wk or so he has slowly moved up to eating 6oz at a time, about every 3 hrs. He also has begun to sleep alot more during the day, almost more like when he was 2wks old. Up until the day before yesterday, he had been staying awake throughout most of the day, with maybe 2 or 3 30-45 min naps, and then sleeping about 6-8 hrs at night, getting up to eat and then sleeping another 2 hrs before getting up for the day. When they're going through a growth spurt do they begin to sleep more again? I've heard that when they're sleeping is when they do most of their growing.... I'm just wondering if this is all fairly normal?
All babies go through some changes in their sleep and wake cycles.
If this is a significant and concerning change for Mickey, or if he feels feverish, having changes in his appetite, BMs, weight, or anything else, you should see your doctor.

It is unusual for a 7 week old baby to go for 8 hours of sleep at night as you indicated he had been doing up until now.  Perhaps his body is simply normalizing, in accordance to a more typical "newborn" schedule.