Maternal & Child Community
HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS WITH LETROZOLE(FEMARA)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ive been on letrozole for 7 months and nothing, and what makes it even harder is i havent heard ONE success story about it, im doing my first IUI in 10 days, im on cd 27 due for AF anyday then can start the cycle of the IUI , i cant wait, ive put put like $300 in meds plus $125 for the IUI , im  not rich, im praying this works, im so tired of seeing neg, neg ,neg everymonth, i dont know how much longer this is going to last for i feel like its never going to end
I know you posted this a couple months ago, but I saw it and just had to respond.  I successfully got pregnant and had a perfect little boy on letrozole, a HCG trigger shot and IUI.  I got my BFP with the first cycle and experience only a few mild side effects on the meds.  Mostly hot flashes and headaches. Are you being monitored by u/s? I think that was the key to our success, in addition to a well timed IUI after the trigger shot.

We are in process of going for baby #2.  Completing the same treatment as the first success, IUI in about 7 days.  I just finished my last dose of Letrozole today.  Good luck to you!!!!! ***Baby dust***
You sent me a message at the right time, im starting my letrozole tomorrow, then , there putting me  on Gonal F injections then we do IUI around June 8th, ill send u a friend request, ya my OB has tracked my last 7 cycles by ultrasound,he starts on cd 8 and continues till we see my eggs drop my prob is i only have 1 fallopion tube
I'm slowly figuring out how this site works... Duh. I have a MBA and clearly have no idea how to navigate here!!!

Were you being monitored by u/s those 7 cycles? Or just taking the meds? Are you having side effects?

Bummer on only 1 tube, that's too bad. They never did figure out what our prob is. Mild endo but nothing that should cause a prob.  My iui should be sometime at the end of next week. Last time I triggered on cd16 in the pm, iui cd18 in the am, about 37 hours later.

I hate waiting!!!!!!!
hey, i can help ya we really shouldnt be replying to each other here ,this is the spot to ask QQ , ya my doc did u/s every other day, my last 2 IUIs have been one on cd 11 and one on 12 , we are going to fall around the sametime,ok im gonna send u a friend request , go to top of the page and click on MY MEDHELP, i did nt have any side effects but there starting Gonal F, ive never taken that before but no side effects from the femara, only progesterone but id rather talk to you in a private message about that, ok, click on MY MEDHELP and then go to INBOX it wil have a # beside it of how many messages u have, heres my email ***@**** id like to talk with u