Maternal & Child Community
HCG levels after M/C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HCG levels after M/C

Hi.  How long did it take for HCG levles to drop to 0 after a MC?  Does it matter if it was natural, medical or D&C?

Any personal experiences would be great...

Thanks!
it took almost 10 weeks for me
I had a natural m/c in Sept. Didn't even know I was preggers and actually m/c carried before i even relaized I was preggers. But for me personally it took 1 week from when I actually learned I was preggers for my levels to drop to 0. However, that timeline may be skewed b/c I don't know when actually I m/c. By the time I learned I was preggers my levels were 17 and 1 week later they were 0.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help, but I want to say that I am so sorry for the experience you went through and I wish you all the best in the future!
They followed my levels to below 10 and it took 3-4 weeks. I did not have D&C's either time.
I had a D&C on 9/21 (after a missed abortion at 11-weeks pregnant). My hCG level was 91,000 the day before the procedure and down to 24 exactly five weeks later. I just had more blood drawn this morning (seven weeks exactly since the D&C), so we'll see if I finally reached zero. Just try to be patient (although I know how hard it is)!
Thanks for the feedback.  One week after I was about 4500 and 2 weeks I was about 800.  Now I'm waiting for week 3.

Thanks all.
Hi, I'm into week 7 of my ectopic being diagnosed and my HCG levels are finally down to 25. I'm hoping to be at 0 by next week. I did have an ectopic so no D&C which I'm not sure if that would make a difference with a natural miscarriage or not. I'm still bleeding too. Not so fun. Some people take longer than others. I hope your levels go down quickly! :)

I just m/c on 10/7.
Had hcg levels checked 10/7
10/8  Dr office called and i was at 0.
I am at the end. It happened fast @ 5wk preg...
just like a late af. This is 2nd m/c first one was very drawn out and had a d&c. Took me about three mos to get back to normal. I was at 8wks at that time.

Sorry for you loss.
Hope this was a little help for you.
I wish all the best with your future.

scani
Wonderme--

It took me five consecutive weeks to go from 802 to negative.  So, it can take a stinking long time!  :(  Urgh.  It's frustrating.
Hi there  I had a D&C and it took 3 weeks for it to get to zero. It was very frustrating esp as you are just reminded of it so many times with those blood tests!

I live in the UK and we don't get offered all of the blood tests that you guys do. After my miscarriage (a natural one at 11 weeks 10/02) was just sent home with no follow up. I still haven't had AF but finally got a negative pt this morning.
I live in the uk too and the same, no follow up what so ever! I had a D&C on the 28th September, negative tests on 21 Oct and 30th october and 2 positives yeaterday!! So I might be pregnant. I am a bit worried because I have had some spotting. I have a doc appointment this afternoon. I bet he just tells me to wait and see. X
hey don't feel bad I had a dc done on 2/13 so the I could go to Iracq with my team, and even though I have the paper work to show that I am not pregant they still will not let me go till my test come back neg.  This hurts so bad because now I have nothing to do, but sit back and think about what I did until my test come back to 0.