I just found out that my HCG levels at 5.5 weeks are at 643. I took a test yesterday to compare w/ my levels taken on Monday and they only went up about 200. They didn't double. I had a m/c last January and am so scared that this pregnancy is leading down that same road. I don't have any symptons of m/c except the HCG level. Before when I m/c, I was bleeding from day one. Any guidance is appreciated as I am going crazy just thinking about it right now.
thank you all for replying...yes, i have seen my ob/gyn for my HCG test and a vaginal u/s. i had an u/s this past monday and he couldn't find a sac or anything. he told me not to worry too much and that we'd check my levels. i called the doc's office this morning to find out about my HCG levels and that is when the nurse told me that my numbers didn't double. they only went up about 200. i'm waiting for the nurse to call me back after she talks to the doctor to see what he wants to do. waiting is the hardest. i pray that i have a slow starter - i am so worried right now. i can't talk to my husband about it because for one he is at work and also...he doesn't know exactly what to say so it makes it hard on him too. thank you for all your posts.
I'm sorry for what you are going through for I'm kinda in the same boat except my hcg had went from 12000 - 33000 but it took seven days. Just had another hcg this morning so we'll see. I don't know that much about it as I am posting questions too, but I have heard that like every womens preg is different so is their hormones so I will be praying for you and hope the best. Keep faith in dark times and it'll lead you through no matter the outcome.
Hi, question...have you gone to see your OB/GYN? Is that what you meant about having taken a test?
HCG levels are supposed to double every 2 days at least so if they keep decreasing it's more than likely a m/c...however it would be best to go see your doctor and have blood tests drawn in order to monitor your hcg levels.
I'm in the exact same boat however I'm only 3 weeks preggo.. My levels are 900 only up 200 from last set. they went from 435.9 to 595.4 to 700.1 to 909.5 then I go again tomorrow too. ultrasound showed nothing worried about an ectopic but we'll see. I have no bleeding or pain whatsoever but I also have no pregnancy symptoms either. let me know how you make out..
What do you mean by 3 weeks pregnant? No doctor dates a pregnancy that way. The earliest you can be is 4 weeks and that is if you tested at 14 dpo. By three weeks I assume you mean 5 weeks pregnant as that makes the most sense. You are considered two weeks pregnant already when you conceive. It's a little weird, but that is how it works.
Is it "normal" to have such a low quant level at 5 weeks going on 6? Thank you for all your blessings. I am trying so hard to stay positive - I want this baby so much. My husband is leaving in 6 months for Iraq and we wanted a second child before he leaves...or at least have me in the process. My first pregnancy wasn't planned and I really didn't think I would have problems with the next. I don't want to go thru that awful pain of m/c again.
Your HCG levels weren't high enough to see anything on the US. You really want your HCG levels to be atleast 2,000 before having an US. You can see "something" with a lower level, but not much lower and your chances really go up with a higher level.
I would keep getting your HCG levels checked with the quant. blood tests. At around 7 weeks I would have another US. I wouldn't have one before then, though. Even if you see something on the US you probably won't see a heartbeat before then, especially if your levels are rising slowly.
I really hope that your baby is just a slow grower, which is pretty common.
What do you girls think about an HCG of 198 @ 6wks...? That's what I just found out today mine was. I also started some cramping and a smidge of red blood, enough to freak me out more... but I havent had anymore red since then. I dont know what is going on. I read about the women who have levels of 500+ at 5wks... here I am at a measly 200... I go back tomorrow for another blood draw, and will find out Monday... but what is interesting to me, is that my dr's nurse didnt seem too concerned about my levels being low and asked if I still had my appt for the u/s on the 20th... ugh... I would think with a level that low, to just go ahead and tell me to start thinking about the "shot" or go and buy some extra thick pads... sorry for being the way I am... I'm just about fed up with the run around and not getting any answers... But I do feel better being able to harp to people who reads this forum... thank you for any input, I'm open for anything...
NOpe I am right. I am 3w 3days preggo. I last had my af on 10/9 about two weeks after that I felt very lightheaded went to the dr told me nothing was wrong( I though I had an ear infection or sinus infection) sent me home then the following monday it was really bad I called the dr again who told me to do a urine pregnancy test now mind you its only the 25 and it was positive from the first drop of urine.. I did 4 that day all positive. blood serum came back at 435.9 on Thursday. which I don't completely understand. nothing is being seen on ultrasound yet which corresponds to my early stage. also i had a pregnancy test on 10/8 which was negative. I probably ovulated a few days earlier and since my husband and I were happily bd every other day it happened. its confusing to me to but my numbers corresponded to normal range too..
I'm 5.5 weeks and a first timer at all of this. I had spotting for 6 days very light only in the am. My hcg levels are 3132 but my progesterone levels are only 9.77 and should be higher i think. I just started progesterone supplements....I hope this will maintain what's going on? Any advice?
I am nearly 6 weeks along. Have been having some spotting for a week. Went in last Tuesday....HCG was 5,860. They were going to test the Progesterone, but forgot. They saw the sack and with the HCG number thought everything was okay. I go in next Monday the 13th for another sono. If you have low Progesterone would your numbers for the HCG be low too? Just wondering. Thanks.
hi, so worried here.
gotta wait 1 week to see if my hcg levels have gone up from 171 today. went to toilet as felt a rush or period blood and i have been haing period pains the night before. i have known i am pregnant for a few days now, only early thou about 5 weeks 2 days today.
reading so much info that conflicts i just dont know what to think. am totally sad and another week will just kill me,
so, 171 for 5 weeks very low, normal,average or what?
Im wondering whether someone can give me some advice..My HCG levels are 485 at 5 weeks and 2 days. They couldnt yet see anything on screen and the nurse still thinks its possible that its to early to see anything at 5 weeks and to see yet if my HCG levels are "normal" do you know what they should be around at 5 weeks?
I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. After third round of IVF. My hcg level was 744 on wed. saturday it was 1129. It did not double as it was supposed to. Very anxious and very scared. We have been trying for 2 years. I just turned 39. My husband is so happy! Has this happened to anyone?
i am supposed to be around 6 weeks pregnant. my Hcg level as of monday was only 181. I go for another level thursday. My OB doc told me I am probably m/c. I have slight cramping, but no bleeding. The waiting is driving me crazy. I have heard some poeple run low, but am i too low to have hope??
Im in the same boat... everyone has told their story but no one has updated saying whether it was a viable pregnancy or not. Can anyone give some updated info?? I will remain hopeful and of course PRAY but i would love to know some outcomes :)
I am in the same boat as the rest of the ladies on here. Went to the ER yesterday. I had a clot the size of a fifty-cent piece when I wiped. This is our first pregnancy, so I got scared. My hcg level was 595, and there was little visiable on the ultra sound. The doctor in the ER told me it was to early to tell if I was miscarriaging. He needed another blood level draw to determine if there was an increase or a decrease. My OB didn't seemed to be concerned when I called. Told me to wait till Monday to get my 1st blood test. Thank god, I have a sister-in-law who is a docttor. She thought it was best for me to get to an ER to get a test on Saturday, so when Monday came, I could have a change. She is concerned that this could be a blythe ovum. I am now in the waiting came. Not sure what to think or feel at this point. Just keeping my faith in God for his will.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.