Maternal & Child Community
HCG levels that are not doubling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HCG levels that are not doubling

I recently went through in-vitro.  I have had 2 previous ectopic pregnancies resulting in surgery.  On Wed. I got my first positive pregnancy yet.  My hcg levels were 70.  I was so excited to finally get a positive pregnancy test.  I went back 48 hours and my levels had only risen to 75.  The doctor said these levels should have doubled.  He also said this was probably NOT going to be a good pregnancy.  I was tested again 48 hours later and the hcg levels were 104.  I went in for another blood test today (48 hours later) and am anxiously awaiting my results.  I am so scared.  Do you think there is any hope for a positive, healthy pregnancy at this point?  HELP!
There's ALWAYS HOPE!!! The levels are suppose to rise 66% every 48 hours. I am a GYN nurse and thats the number we use. Just pray and give it to the Lord. i hope all goes well.
I really don't know what to tell you. My numbers started out lower than yours, but did double. I hope things turn out well for you. It sounds like you've been through a rough time trying to get preggo. Let us know what they tell you and my prayers are with you!
Yes, there is always hope. Sometimes strange things happen with the body and fpr np reason but everything works out great!
I wish you the best!!!!
I agree with the other girls that there's always hope. Maybe you're just off to a slower start but typically hcg should double every 48 hours in early pregnancy. Once hcg levels increase above 1200 they say that the doubling time can be longer like 72-96 hours. Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust.
Ok, so I guess it could still go either way. I have the same problem, I've posted on earlier days...I am still trucking along increasing about 20% every 2 days...what does this mean for the rest of the pregnancy if it does stick?
Here's a good link regarding hcg levels. http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/learning/articles/hcg.html

It's true that once you've reached a certain level they take longer to double- sometimes up to 4 days and by the end of the 1st trimester they usually plateau.  Definitely an u/s should let you know exactly how baby is doing. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Thanks so much for all of your input. That website was great:)
About my hcg levels.  I am so confused and scared.  I had a pregnancy test @ 14 days post ovulation and they were 70.  PREGNANT!  Then, 2 days later they were 75.  2 days later, 104.  2 days later 141.  I fear I am having another ectopic pregnancy.  Has anyone seen levels like this?  I am having a sonogram tomororrow and another bloodtest.  I will be 5 weeks tomorrow.  HELP!!!
Hcg levels vary so much. I would wait on the ulstrsound don't be surprised if they don't see anything even a sac because at 4 weeks 5 days they didn't see anything on mine. They should be able to tell if this is a tubal or not by the ultrsound hopefully that will put your mind to ease. I really hope this is a sticky baby you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!
I had an transvaginal ultrasound and they saw nothing not even sac but there was thickening uterus which they said was good sign however I dont know how far long I am I went 3/7/06 for blood tests and the results still havent come in yet I also went today to give more blood so they can compare hcg I am so in the dark I had 3 hpt positive on 3/6/06. How long should it be before I hear something I expected to know what the hcg level was today but the test results still arent in. Anyone no how long it takes to get blood work back?
Your blood should be back by now, unless your physician uses a really slow laboratory. LabCorp is 24 hours.
I went in for my blood test today and my levels went up to 240.  They are NOT doubling and they said this doesn't look good.  They did an ultrasound today and I would be 5 weeks and 1 day.  They could see a little tiny something in the uterus but couldn't tell for sure what it was.  They cannot rule out ectopic pregnncy at this point.  I go back on Sat. for another blood test.  This is so scary and frustrating.   Has anyone had this happen before?
I just had the worst time ever with a mc.  My levels were rising slowly.  I had gone all the way up to 800. Anyway it tunred out to be etopic.  I am so upset but I know God is in control.  I had to go draw blood every 3 days.  I am so sick of hcg levels.  Anyway I finally passed everything 2 weeks ago but I am still spotting.  Not sure if this is normal.  I called the docotr and of couse they said come in a check your levels.  It has been horrible.  I want it all over so I can try again.  Don't give up though because God has a plan for everyone. I've learned being anxious is what made it worse for me.
How did you get rid of your ectopic?  Through surgery or methotrexate?  Where was your ectopic located.  ECTOPICS are the worst.  I am living in fear everyday that I am having another ectopic.  I will go back to the doctor every 2-3 days to check my levels.  My levels are at 240 right now.  How slow did your levels start out?  Did you do in-vitro?
They are the worst.  This is my first time dealing with it.  Metotraxate (sp.) that is what they wanted to give me then I started bleeding really bad and they said my boby would get rid of it naturally. I don't understand how my body could have gotten rid of it naturally.  This is my history.....
found out I was preg. on Jan. 22 started bleeding Jan. 26 went to doctor level at 15 they said I was misscarring.  3 weeks went by and I still feel preg. and tired all the time (boobs sore, etc.) Took hpt and it was positive.  Went back to doctor my levels were at 610 they did an ultrasound and saw a spot right before my uterus.  They kept checking levels which rose up to 853 then started to go down on its own before I took that Methotraxate (sp.) Now I 2 week past bleeding (sorry I don't know all the expressions) Anyway I have blood when I wipe.  I've never heard of an etopoic preg. like this one, have you?  Thanks for writing to me.
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I hope that all of your pregnancies are going well and I wish you all the luck in the world!

This is my third pregnancy and it came as a big surprise to me and my husband since I was taking the mini pill. Of course, it was a big shock to us since we just had our second child just 9 mos. ago. But we saw it as a blessing and if God wanted us to have a third this way, then it was meant to be. My 1st test 3/6 confirmed being pregnant; hcg levels 75, 1-2? wks into it. On 3/9, I started to spot bleed. It was brown, pink and then red by Sat 3/11; another test was done hcg levels at 104 now. The on-call Dr. said it doesn't look good and that she'd give it a 10% shot and that it we'd just have to wait & see on Mon. This news was devistating, how could this happen? Mon. my hcg were 143, rising but still not good enough. Again, told it may not be a viable pregnancy and it doesn't pay to have more tests done this week and have another on Mon 3/13. I am going out of my mind at this point...the waiting is really hard! One min. I think pos and the next neg. At this point, why won't they try to attempt to see something on an ultrasound. They just give me the runaround that you can't see anything until your hcg levels are at 1200 or more. My records show that I am about 6 weeks into the pregnancy isn't that reason enough to try one? Does anyone have any suggestions?
I just recently got pregnant through insemination and found out I was pregnant on 3/13 (4 weeks pregnant) at that time my hCG level was 49 and when I went back today to get my 3 day bloodwork done - my level dropped in the 20's - my doctor told me to stop my suppositories because I will miscarry...is there a chance my levels could still go up? I was suppose to go back on Sunday for another blood test - but instead just going back to discuss what's next?? Doesn't that seem to soon to just give up?Your thoughts...this is my first and is very new to me. Thanks!
I'm not going to say if it's bad to see your level drop, because I'm no Dr. Are you having any bleeding or cramping at this time to direct you to believe that you are having problems with your pregnancy or that you are miscarring? I know that if you are that it doesn't look good. All I know is that my ob said that if your hcg levels drop or do not double like they should (I having these issues) that it doesn't look like a viable pregnancy and that you most likely will miscarry. At this point, I would just ask as many questions that you can until you feel comfortable.

Good luck and keep us informed on how things are going!

Hi There

Hope you are keeping well and positive. How did you go on methotrexate in terms of symptoms? I think the doctors will be suggestimg this to me tomorrow.
this is my as of 3/19 i went to the er because i was spotting and had some minor cramping.  my hcg levels were 13,000 and still no visible sign of fetal pole.  My hcg levels do go up but not like they should.  (double every 48 hours)  It show a gestational sac but no yolk sac, and no fetal pole.  My ob says that my case is a crazy one and that she was had crazier cases.  I should have hope.  I really don't know what to do and what to think.  they also havent ruled out an ectopic and now they even mentioned to me about being a blighted ovum.  I so confues, scared, emotionally drained, and I feel like I cried too much.  Is there anybody out there that had a similar case like mine and can give me some insight about what to expect.  

you can e-mail me at ***@**** or ***@****
Hello all! I am trying to stay positive through my already tough pregnancy, but I need some reassurance.
My husband and I (both 21 years old) found out I was pregnant on Sunday, March 12th, which is a miracle in itself because I have NOT had a period in 2 years! My HCG level was only a 39.7 so I am very early into the pregnancy, but two days later I began bleeding heavily and went into the ER where a pelvic exam and a vaginal u/s were done along with more blood work. My HCG level was only at a 50, so we waited until March 20th, 6 days later, to do more blood work and now my levels are only 124. The doctor is concerned that the baby is not growing like it should be, and think I am going to miscarry, has anyone heard of levels this low? And it is hard to tell exactly how far along I am because I have not had a period in so long. Anything positive or negative may set my heart at ease.

Hello everybody, maybe you can give me some advice. i had invitro and had my first hcg level @ 85 great i thought but 2 days later it was only 130. Is this a real bad sign? trying not to be discourage but dont go back to the doctor for another 4 days...thank u!
momm2b. I saw what you said about you going in for the ultrasound and they saw nothing, not even the sac, but you did have the thickening uterus lining. The same exact thing is happening to me. They ruled out that i had an eptopic pregnancy and i actually went today and had three different ultrasounds and they found nothing, but my hcg levels were at  2000. I also do not know how far along i am. When you find out what is going on, i would appreciate to keep in touch with you since your going through the same thing i am. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Samantha.
I went in on Monday because I took two pregnancy test a week and a half ago they came out negative. Then I took another one on 3/28 and it came out negative or so I thought. I took a final two pregnancy test on 4-3 and looked at the old one I took on 3/28 and it was now VERY faintly positive and the two I took Monday were postive. I went in to the Dr. and she took an ultrasound and said she couldn't see anything in my uterus but the walls were very thick. I think I am WAY to early for there to even be anything in the uterus yet. What I would like to know is when are you suppose to start seeing something in the uterus?
Hi all

I was on my fourth round of clomid, had an insemination and on April 4 (appx. dpo) did a home pregnancy test, which came back positive.  I got the test confirmed by my doctor on the same day and my HcG level was 144.  However, I had my HcG level tested yesterday, and it was only at 180, which my doctor said was not a good sign.  I am set to go for another test on Saturday.  I am sure I am just in denial, but has anyone had a similar experience that ended with a good result?  Or is a miscarriage inevitable?  I thought 144 seemed like a pretty good number, but I guess the fact that it did't come close to doubling is really the issue.  Anyway, just wanted to get thoughts, ideas on this.  Thanks so much in advance and best of luck to all.
My hcg levels are increasing by between 60-70% every 2 days but first u/s at supposedly 6w2d showed no fetal pole and no yoke sac.  Dr said perhaps dates miscalculated (seems they always say this??) but I'd heard they can detect embryo & heartbeat earlier than this??  Also had some light brown discharge around the 5wk mark.  Had previous mc 2 yrs ago and first time pregnant since then - am very very nervous, can't concentrate at work and very teary!  Anyone else had similar instance - would appreciate comments.  Have another u/s booked for next Wed but the waiting is pure hell.
I had taken a pregnancy test on Tues. this week and went into the doctor and both tests were postive. The doctor did an ultrasound and said that he could not see anything in the uterus. he said that either 1 I am too early to tell or two I could have miscarried.  because I had a period On Mar 29 - April 2nd , but I took a pregnancy test before my my period and it was negative then one week and a half later thats when it was positive and I went to the doctor and the HCG level that day was 103 and then I took another one 2 days later and it was only 105.  I'm Spotting here and there mainly after having intercourse.  But not alot of spotting.  Some cramping but not a lot.  I don't know whether I 'm having a miscarriage or tubal pregnancy. I keep taking a pregnancy tests every morning to see if the line is getting darker and it is.  So I don't know what to think!! The doctor is having me go in next friday for another blood test.   Please tell me what you think!!!  I have had two successfull pregnancies within the last two years. Two beautiful babies and no complications!! What is wrong???
HEY EVERYONE, I REALLY NEED SOME OPINONS, I RECENTLY STARTED DATING THIS GIRL I WORK WITH, AND SHE TELLS ME SHE IS PREGANT. SO HERES THE STORY I GOT HER TO TELL ME WHEN HER LAST PERIOD WAS AND IT WAS ST PATRICKS DAY WEEKEND, AND FOR THE NEXT THREE SATURDAYS (MARCH 25, APRIL 1, AND 8) WE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX, SHE TOOK A PREGANCY TEST 15TH OR 16TH OF APRIL AND WAS POSITIVE AND TUESDAY THE 18TH HER BETA HCG WAS 1745, SHE SAYS SHE HASNT BEEN WITH ANYONE IN A YEAR(HARD TO BELIEVE) SHE SAYS ITS MINE BUT BY WHAT THE NUMBERS AND CHARTS IVE COMPARED THEM TO SAYS ITS NOT THAT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO ME MINE. IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO BUT TO HAVE DNA DONE WHEN ITS BORN. DO YOU THINK ITS MINE. THANK YOU!
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I have been ttc to conceive for 9 months, my periods are irregular since going off birth control ( I have only had 2 since August, 9/14 and 3/13), I had pinkish/brown spotting on 3/27, 3/28 and again on 4/21 & 4/22. On 4/21 I got a positive hpt, but I did another hpt later that day and again with the first morning urine and it was negative. I  performed the test correctly and it was one of those digital Clearblue Easy brands. I called the doctor and they wanted me to wait a couple of days and perform another hpt, but I am so anxious...I CAN'T STAND IT! I don't really have any pg symptoms except by breasts are a little sore and I am very irritable (but that could be because I am so anxious)
My question is...do any of you think it could have been a chemical pregnancy or that it may be an ectopic pregnancy? If it is an ectopic pregnancy would I still get a negative hpt?
I appreciate any input any of you may have.
i'm ver worried i am 12 weeks 4 days today , my doctor believes i had vanishing twin syndrome this happened apr 12 ...forward to today apr 26 i had a blood test it showed that my hgc level went from 55000 to 57000 in two weeks this is scary i have heard that when you lose a twin the hgc levels can drop due to this has anyone gone through this please help......
My first pregnancy ended in the birth of one beautiful girl October 2004.  However, at 9 weeks pregnancy, I was spotting and put on bedrest when we took blood every 2 days for HCg levels.  There were always going up but not at the right rate.  I passed material one night and KNEW I lost the baby--in fact every pregnancy symptom left me at that time.  I was shocked to learn by ultrasound a couple weeks later that I WAS still pregnant.  I was still carrying the empty sac of the twin I lost.  That is when it became clear about the HCG levels continuing to go up but not at the normal rate.  I was leveling off. Always hold hope for the other baby going to term!

In addition, I have just found out today that I am pregnant (after going to the DR since bleeding 3 weeks and being on the pill) but not to think much of it since my HCg level was low--800 and my progesterone even lower than normal 2.5.  I was told to do nothing but rest this weekend and we will re-check levels on Monday.   TALK ABOUT DEJA VU!  Anyone else told anything about progesteron levels too low?
Yes, it could be yours.  It could be that you gave her twins, or it just might be that the numbers went up fast.  If you want confirmation, you will have to do the DNA test.  Just HCG levels are not enough information to try to back-date a pregnancy, and besides, she had a period over St. Pat's Day weekend.
i saw a post from march9th, i know it's awhile ago, but someone sd their us did not show anything at 5wks. i just had my 1st us today at 5wks 2days, they sd they didn't see anything, i feel devastated, i feel so pregnant, i have headaches every day, my boobs are sore & look like a roadmap, heartburn, very mild nausea, sleepy, & they said my levels aren't as high as they would like. i have no pain or spotting so i am wondering, why am i showing pregnant???
Look in the archived threads about ultrasounds, you'll see that sometimes there is nothing showing and practically one day later, there it is.  Are you sure of your dates?  Also, 5 weeks sounds a little early to be expecting much of an u/s.  A lot of posters talk about not seeing anything until 6 weeks.  Good luck!
well i am 8 weeks pregnant. at 6 weeks, the dr said it was too early to see anything on the ultrasound. at 7 weeks i started to spot. i took the hcg test and my levels were 143. took the the test again and they were at 75.  am i just having a miscarriage or could it be an ecoptic pregnancy? or could my levels rise. i'm awaiting the results of another bhcg test taken.
thank you for the uplifting comment. i haven't actually looked in the archives, thanks for the suggestion. i was just pregnant last sept, missed m/c at 9wks, had a d&c, it was also IVF pregnancy. but at my 5wk us they saw a sac, they sd it was 2 small but it was there. so that's why i am worried now.
Thank you for your note!  They won't do my ultrasound until week 7 (this is an IVF program, too).  They would have, if my HCG numbers were suspicious.  So maybe the 5th week u/s they did for you the previous time was because they got a hint from your HCG numbers that there was a problem, and they wanted to know immediately.  If they're just saying, la la la, come back in a week, I'd take that as a good sign.  IVF clinics aren't casual if there is potential trouble. Best wishes!
Hi, tanny;
I'd talk to your doctor about that.  It doesn't sound like the numbers would be that low and then rise again, but the question of whether it's ectopic or simply fading back into your body (I guess that would be the gentlest way to have a m/c) is really something your doc should be able to diagnose. And he or she at least owes you an answer so you're not walking around frightened of sudden pain with an ectopic.  Good luck.
I will start off and say that I have had 2 mc in 2005.  One at 10 weekd and had to have a D & C and the other at 4-5 weeks.  On the 1st one I never started bleeding I went in for a Sono and there was no heartbeat.  The 2nd one I did start bleeding before that on the 1st one I went to have my HCG levels checked at 8 weeks and they were at 25,000 and on the 2nd one at 3 weeks they never got over 54 and I went to the ER and it had dropped to 9.

I am preg again and I am about to be on my 5th week this is the best thing that could have ever happen to us.  I went to the doctor this past Fri and had blood test done it came back on Mon at 700 and then again I had another blood test done on Mon and got it back today it had gone way up it was 2415. I go back this Wed for another one to just make sure that it is going up like it should.  

I hope that this helps anyone out and if anyone needs to talk you can e-mail me at ***@****.  

I am 7 weeks pregnant today.  Since week 4, when I found out I was pregnant, my HCG levels have only been rising at around 50% every 48 hours.  I have not had any cramping or bleeding, and at week 6, my doctor saw a sac in the uterus, ruling out an ectopic pregnancy.  My doctor, who I think the world of, doesn't think there is much hope that the pregnancy is viable.  My latest HCG numbers, which were taken at 6 weeks and 3 days were over 3,000.

Has anyone else experienced this pattern?
Hi,  My HCG level was at 400 when checked at 5 weeks.  It was retested two days later and was increased to 800 something.  This was a great sign.  I have had all the symptoms (sore breasts included) and a lot of cramping, mostly at night.  I went in for my us and the radiologist scared me and said he cant find anything (6 weeks).  I then informed my doc and she did another hcg.  This time it was upto 4800 and then I had another one today and it is at 5700.  I am waiting for my doc to call me back, but I dont know if this is a good sign or not.  The doc did another us and said she saw a sac.  Does anyone have any feedback...possibly a doctor.  Thanks.
Need some help or just reassurance- I am about 5 weeks pregnant, dont remember when period last was, anywho I had u/s which showed a sac and a very tiny something in it, my first hcg was 3700 and repeated 2 days later and was only 4500.  I had a blighted ovum in the past and have since had 2 healthy babies, I am 40 so that worries me a little.  Are these levels high ?  I know they are supposed to double and mine didn't.   Any thoughts?  THanks  ( love this website!!)
NYLatina,  Hang in there.  This is not hard for any of us but only the one upstairs has all the reasons.  So many people have kids without even thinking twice and there are so many women that desperatly want to have one and I believe would cut off an arm to have their own baby.  I go for an u/s today at 2pm to see what is going on and will go from there.  I will be 41 next month and have thought this might be my last shot.  I have faced the reality that this will not work out and the u/s wont be good news.  Prayers for everyones physical and mental health.  This is such and extremely personal sensitive issue.  You dont know until youve gone through it.  We are not alone here.  Good luck to all.  Tissylou
Looks like we are all in the same boat in some way or another. I have glanced at this site before, but today is the first time I have actually taken the time to read everything everyone was saying.  I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.  This is my 2 mc (last one in 2002).  This mc is after my first ivf cycle.  I really thought ivf was going to work.  After my hcg went up then down then up again, I thought I was going to lose my mind.  First things look great (hcg 140
Thanks so much TissyLou.  Just as an aside, I just found out 2 weeks ago, that my aunt (my 2nd mom) has stage 4 colon cancer, and then this past Saturday my husband's aunt (his 2nd mom) died, so I am kinda feeling a little beat up.  Between all of this, my horomones being out of whack and the side effects of this methotrexate, my days are long and tough.    

Tissylou, I truly pray that your u/s goes well - and anyone else that is still waiting on results.  I am looking forward to hearing that someone is going to have some great news out of all of this - so please keep posting.
Well the u/s today didn't show much, but there was a yolk sac.  Still maybe too early to see but my dr is not optimistic and drew another hcg today, we will have the results tonight, he should call me by 10:00 pm.  We went ahead and scheduled a D&C for tomm am , if numbers are good we will cancel but he wont think that will be necessary.  I fly out of town Thursday to see in-law (sched way in advance) and come home Sat. night and Sunday afternoon host a wedding shower at my house thats been scheduled for 2 months!!  Calgon, take me away!!!!  I will let you know tonight whats happening.  My 4 yr old son keeps asking why I keep going to the dr, I explained to him I thought I might have a baby but the bubble in my tummy didnt grow one this time, so the dr has to take the bubble out of mommy.  He almost started crying, he wants another baby too.  Everyone take care.   Prayers for all of us.  NYLatina, you have so much on your plate, get plenty of rest and take care of yourself!!
TIssylou
Well I had my D&C this am.  all went well.  we will try again in a couple of months.  Good luck to all.   Take care....
I am so sorry TissyLou.  Take care of yourself....get some rest.  Take care of your spiritual, physical and emotional self.  I hope that things work out in the future.  I am glad to hear that you will try again in a few months.  Take your time.  Love & Blessings!
HELP! I am scared!!! I am 5 weeks pregnant with my second child. The other night I noticed a very light brown stain in my underwear. I called my OB and he said to relax and be at his office @ 8am the next morning. He performed an ultrasound and found the sac, but did not see the heart beat yet. He said it is still very early. After leaving the exam I got home and noticed an even darker heavier brown discharge. I went back to his office only to be told that if I was having a miscarriage there was nothing I could do. He told me to go home take it easy and wait to see what happens. I am going through misery right now. The spotting has almost stopped-now it's a very light brown/beige. I am hoping since it has lightened up I am not going through a miscarriage I need some advice PLEASE!!!
help! im 22 i had missed miscarage 5years ago then in 2007 i got pregnant neva botherd havin early scan or hcg cus i thought i dnt care what dr say im not goin thru what i went thru every 2 days hcg n everyweek scans up n down hcg so i vowed neva again! all the stress killed me n resulted in 9weeks f upset and a dnc! then 2007 positive test didnt go dr didnt conferm it till 11 weeks! best thing i ever did! baby boy 14months old now! then my period came 20th oct had sex 1/3/13th nov period every 35 days so was bout the 3rd or 13th period due 24th nov did test 17th it was positive 1/2week then i thought go dr! they sed thed do hcg so let um! hcg was 157 on monday 23rd then wed 25th was 109 they rang and said i had to do test in 2weeks n tell em if positive! i have no pain or bleeding! im devod! this is it my relationship over as the stress to much! he at wrk and iv not told him yet! so im thinking i dnt tell him wait 4 period find out when ovulating in dec and sleep with him to try and get pregnant agin! i want my kids wiv same man! he was upset to hre i was preg and goin to demand i go on injection b4 he sleepw with me agin! so only way we goin to have another baby is if i lie! or wht if i dnt tell him untill 2weeks so i no if my hcg has dropped again! what if its vanishing twin syndrome! and im fine!! help so confused y wnt they give me tablet to get it out! or d and c
Hi, my name is Mindi.  In August I had a Hcg level of 9 two days before my usual bleeding time, and the 3 days later it had dropped significantly, and then I started my usual period.  We tried again on Christmas eve and on 1/5 (again 2-3 days before my expected period) my level was 8.  The next day I had a positive urine test. Today, 1/7 my Hcg was 6.  These are such low numbers and obviously dropping is never a good sign.  Reading through these posts it doesn't seem like these low numbers are the norm although the range starts at 2-5.  I'm not really sure what I am asking for but I don't understand why some people, like myself, can start out with a level of 8 or 9 while others seem to be in the higher ranges of 100-200.  When I see such a low number is that a reason to "expect" the pregnancy to fail?  Or do some make it?
Hi wonder if anyone can help me, I am so confused.. I am trying to get pregnant, I got injected 2/04/2010 right after my period was finished, How long will it take for me to get pregant?.. I went for a blood test 3/9/2010 they said my beta was 79, it didnt sound right is that 2 low?.. than they took another beta 3/15/10 it was 72, I am scared I mite have a miscarry. HELP please.
Hi a am 7 weeks and on tuesday i had a blood test it was at 12,400 then had a nother one the very next day it was 12,900 dr said that it should have gone up atleast 6,000.... so he wanted me to go in again friday and so it had been 2 days since the Last blood test and that came bk as 12,830 it had dropped almost 100....he said that i will be having a misscarage and that i am just to wait until it happens i am freaking out im not cramping or  spotting at all does anyone know if this is normal to go down almost 100...................
Hi there ladies! I'm so scared ! I had my hcg levels checked and they were at 630 2 days later they were 902 then 2 days later they were 1100. My doctors said that they weren't doubling and that could be a problem. I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and they were able to detect the sac and the yolk. Now I'm 5 weeks and 4 days. Is there still hope for me ?  
hi, am 27 years old i just found out am pregnant on 9/18/10 my husband and i have been trying for a 1year and half.. I did an HCH titer but on monday 9/20/10 it was only 498 so i repeated the test and on tuesday it went to 714 and i got worried and on tuesday i went to the ER i was really scare and it had gone up to 740 its going really slow am scare, but i'm not bleeding.... please pray for me and my baby....
I conceived after sex on 23rd August (call it a bad year, but this is the only time this year I have slept with anyone so I know for definite!)...  We used no protection, and it was bang on the right date for conceiving (as I realised later).  Anyway, I had negative tests right up to my 'period'.  My period was late (never happens), I had no pre menstrual cramping (usually have a band of ache around my back the day before), it was lighter than normal, lasted 2-3 days instead of the normal 4-5 and was varying colours.  I basically, with the negative tests, assumed I hadn't conceived.

However, since then I have been sleeping a lot, talking 8-12 hours a night plus naps mid afternoon where possible.  I had tender breasts over this weekend.  And I am freezing cold (I've read some women get very cold, others very hot).  And Thursday of last week I almost passed out on my way home from work so I decided to do a test Friday morning, and it was positive, did a second and that was positive so went straight to the doctors.  She told me that I must have miscarried on the 12th and my hormones weren't back to normal.  She booked me in for a scan this morning.

Over the weekend I took two Clear Blue Digital tests that said I was 2-3 weeks (which when looking at sex, ovulation, time it takes to implant it is right)...

However, when I got the scan this morning, they couldn't find anything.  But I have since read that 2-3 weeks is too early???  Is that right?

Anyway, they took some blood and rushed the results and they called me earlier to say I have high HCG levels and to come back Wednesday morning.  BUT they are treating it as a failed or failing pregnancy because I bled and they can't see anything.

Is there any hope at all or should I start dealing with the fact that I have lost a baby?
I am going through the same thing and the words from the mothers or mothers 2 be have really gave me more hope my hcg level was at 118 on apr.19th2011. they have risin 2 157 2days later i gave blood 2day and praying that they have double in fact i have claimed it and i hope the best 4 all of you that are having a hard time and may god bless u all and the little ones inside of u
I am 6wks pregnant i been praying evey night i feel and understand what it is 2 go through complications during pregnacy now and its scary!
hi my name is lexie and dis is my story.... last month i didnt have any period or any spotting or anythang. so on the 30th i took a test n it said neg. so on the first i took another test and it said neg.  ok so at this point im thinking that im not prgnant. then on the third i started bleeding and it lasted to the ninth. so i was like ok this confirms that im not pregnant. so on the 13th i started bleeding again but not that much and it continued even now. but bot a week ago it was like a regular period for about three days. i thought i had a sis on my ovaries and i was like im going to stop bleeding soon these thangs you cant help. so two days ago i went to the hospital n they said that im pregnant and my hcg level was low at 248 then last night i went back n they said that it was 170. now i didnt know until i got on here that your hcg level can go up or down. i suppose to go back wednesday for another blood test. now my question is do yall think that my test will show that they are going down? do you think that there is still a chance for my baby to be healthy? the doc said that eitha im miscarryn or its to early to tell anythang. what do yall think? n please pray for me and my baby i already had one miscarriage about ten months ago. N im prayn not to have another.
first u/s i had was to earlie to see my baby 2 weeks later i had a transvaginal u/s n seen my baby 6cm long at 6 weeks with no heart beat , thay told me to get my hCG levels done n went from going up den goin up agen den goin down , they sent me to emergency n my hCG level is now on 8000 n was told ive have had a missed misscarriage buht has only had 2 ultrasounds . Is this a misscarriage or should i just keep going back ?
I am 33 years of age. I have had 3 ectopic pregnancies, two mis carriages. I went to ER today due to bleeding brown blood and cramping.. The ER told me i am pregnant, but they don't see anything in uterus or fallopian tubes. HCG is 180.... I don't know what to do.. FAITH IS THE ONLY ANSWER prayer works. Belive in miracles.  I have been trying to concieve (conceive) since 2001... ten years of  pain, divorces, and agony.. Good Luck

Air Force Wife. Arizona
I had blood work done 6 days ago my hcg level was 51 now 6 days later its 77 what does this mean?
Ok on the 30th of November I founded out I was pregnant ...I started bleeding on the 2nd of December but it was only when I wipe so I went to the er and they said I had a uti and gave me meds.that Mon I called my on and let him know and he said come in.He said I was almost six weeks and should take it easy and come back next Mon for a u/s.the bleeding was still really light and no cramps at all so on Thursday I wiped and I saw two very little blood clots.so I went back to the obgyn and he checked my cervix and said it was very tightly closed...they been having me do blood test and my numbers are dropping from 5839 to 5136 in two days...I have a u/s on Monday but a going crazy. Am I losing my baby are not somebody help me please....
I am 7 weeks today and have had 4 ultrasounds.  9 Hcg tests.untill 6 wwks1 day they were doubling now there only rising by half.im confused because the doc.said it should double.are these results ok
my hcg start by 28 then 61 then 143(every 48 hours) , but 143 increased to 243 after 96 hours which is very low , am i misscarrying ( 6 weeks pregnancy) nothing appear at ultrasound
I'm so confused.  Im 6wks went to Ob on on Wednesday. Hcg was 3650  went back on Thursday ultrasound showed the sac ring and black spot (baby)  cervix closed . Took another hcg test on Friday they said hcg was only 497!! No cramps no bleeding nothing! They said they never saw anything like this ever and they tell me baby probably died!!  They said almost impossible for hcg to drop that fast. Anyone else have this?