Maternal & Child Community
HCG=12,18.26,33...ANY HOPE?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HCG=12,18.26,33...ANY HOPE?

I FOUND OUT I WAS PG 15 DAYS AGO. DATE OF CONCEPTION PROB..9-30-03.
15 DAYS AFTER CONC.HCG=12  AT ER....SPOTTING.MY OB DOC SAID IT WAS A MC ON DAY #16 WHEN I WENT TO SEE HIM FOR THE SPOTTING.THE ULTRASOUND SHOWED "NOTHING" I NEVER BLED HEAVY OR PASSED ANY CLOTS,ETC. IT LASTED ABOUT 36 HRS. I HAVE NOT BLED SINCE. WAS THAT THE MC? WHY WOULD MY #'S GO UP.....
17 DAYS AFTER CONC.=18
20 DAYS AFTER CONC.=26(PROGESTERONE=4 STARTED PROMETRIUM)
23 DAYS AFTER CONC.=33 (PROG= 8)ANYBODY ELSE HAVE SUCCESS WITH SUCH LOW HCG? WHEN MY # WENT UP MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON THE PROMETRIUM(PROGESTERONE) BECAUSE MY LEVEL WAS 4.WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? MY DOCTOR OFFERED METHYLTREXATE??TO DISOLVE THE PREGNANCY, BUT MY HUSBAND THINKS WE SHOULD WAIT AND SEE WHAT MY HCG DOES WITH THE PROGESTERONE??? I HAVE BLOOD TESTS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY(10-27-03) AND THURSDAY (10-30-03)MY NEXT DOCTOR'S APPT IS 11-04-03.......I FEEL LIKE I AM JUST PROLONGING THE SADDNESS....I AM GOING INSANE AND COULD USE SOME ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THIS TOO... THANKS.JO216
You probably wouldn't see much of anything if it was a m/c. Bleeding, that's probably it, like a period or maybe a little heavier. I'm really sorry, I can imagine how you feel. I know how hard it is, there's alot of us that have been through that lately. Take care of yourself. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you. I think the tests will tell the tale.
Maybe this will help.

http://www.inciid.org/betas.html

I wish you the best of luck, I know that going thru this must be hard. Hugs and best wishes, Shannon
thanks for the info.yes, the website did help....but the mental torture of "let's wait and see" is going to drive me crazy!!!
thanks again.jo
My sister-in-law received word that after 12 years of trying and failing, she is now pregnant as my wife and I - her sister - are expecting our first child.  On Wednesday 10/22 her HCG level was recorded at 150, today she took a blood test and found that her level was at 530.  According to my sister-in-law the nurse evaluating the test was concerned and my sister-in-law is now convinced she will mc.  She is scheduled for another test on Thursday.  Is it that abnormal for her level to have climbed only 380 points in five days?  If everything I read is accurate, then "normal" would have jumped from 150 on 10/22 to about 300 on 10/25 and 600 on 10/28.  Since today was 10/27 and her level was at 530 I assume it isn't that far off.
Incidentally she has had no spotting or cramping but is experiencing back pain and "abdominal tightening" and is now entering her 3rd week since conception - insemination.  Any responses appreciated.  Truly praying there is hope as we await our daughter in the next couple of weeks.
It does sound like a pregnancy in trouble--but there is no harm to getting your blood levels today and seeing what is going on.  Wait as long as you need to--don't let anyone rush you into making a decision.  It has to be something you and your husband are comfortable with.  You'll sense when it is right to make a decision.

I am so sorry you are going thru this wait and agony.
I honestly cannot tell you that I know how you feel but I can definitely empathise with you. I have recently have what they eventually found out was a Missed Miscarriage. If you read post "Suspected Blighted Ovum" it may give a background of where I am coming from.

My HCG was not as low as yours but once the HCG doesnt behave the way they medically should they Drs get concerned. Of course it can turn out to be ok afterall but they just do.

After a waiting period of almost 2 months, not being sure of what was happening I had a D&C a week ago, to dispel the POC, because I did not feel any pains, nor bleed. On one of my scans the G-sac had reduced in size which was a sure sign that the pregnancy was definitely in trouble - they said mother nature was doing her thing, ie the body was beginning to take it back.

So in response to your post, I would only say Pray, because sometimes things dont work out the way we want them to and sometimes theres just a miracle waiting to happen. Just hope for the best with a open mind.

Chrisy

HI I AM THE LADY WHO'S HCG 3'S =12,18,26,33,AND 48<-YESTERDAY.
THE DOC'S HAVE TOLD ME IT'S NOT "MEDICALLY CORRECT" IF AN HCG DOES NOT RISE ATLEAST 66% EVERY 48 HRS. I HAVE ALSO FOUND THAT "66%" ON A FEW WEBSITES I HAVE GONE TO. I WOULD LIST THEM FOR YOU BUT, I HAVE BEEN TO SO MANY IN THE LAST WEEK.....I JUST CAN'T.
IN MY CASE....I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE #'S OF YOUR SISTER IN LAW. I THINK SHE WILL BE FINE! THERE IS A POST A FEW YEARS BACK REGUARDING LOW HCG'S...THIS LADY'S NEVER GOT ABOVE 750 AND HER BABY WAS HEALTHY. ......JO