HEARTBURN
IVE HAD HERATBURN FROM DAY ONE AND NOTHING HELPS.
ANYONE ANY IDEAS PLEASE????
when you are pregnant .. hormones play a large part in the occurence of heartburn.. have you changed your diet? are you drinking plenty of water? i cut out all acidic foods.. all carbonated beverages.. and ate foods that I KNEW were healthy.. meaning.. NO junk food.. no fast food.. and.. I ate small meals.. one of the largest culprits for getting heartburn was eating large meals..overstuffing myself.
if you are taking prenatal vitamins.. then make sure you take them with a meal.. those always give me heartburn when i took them alone.. and sometimes when i took them with meals.. warm milk helped me as well.  hope some of this works. you can always use the over the counter medications that your doc has told you was safe during pregnancy. GOOD luck!
Nothing was a cure all for me, but Tums helped. I ate them often. Sometimes just letting them dissolve in my mouth, rather than chewing. Good luck.
I agree with casey'smom...TUMS helped me and that was the only thing that helped me pretty much since i wasn't overeating (I absolutely had no appetite during pretty much my whole pregnancy) and I was avoiding all the foods that would cause a heartburn.  Sometimes just drinking water would cause it...brrr..just to think about it again makes me crinch.  Hope you find what helps you.
Also, look in the archives.  This question has been asked and responded to in depth about six times in the last four months, and some of the answers were very helpful.
I was told to try Prilosec OTC and if that didn't work, my OB was going to prescribe me Nexium.  Have you tried either of those?

Amy
I have actually heard that milk acts as a natural antacid so try drinking some milk. Also, if it gets bad at night try setting yourself higher with some pillows. Almost a sitting poistion. That usually helps me a lot.