Maternal & Child Community
HELP, Had my membranes stripped 2x ,now could my sac be leaking ????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i had my membranes stripped again today past 38 weeks now, but when i went to lean back at my computer i had enough fluid come out to soak part of my shorts did i somehow pee my pants without knowing it (is that possible) warm fluid couldnt tell if it smelled like urine or not , was wondering if maybe i could have just a small whole in my sac leaking?? if so would the hospital keep me? i m really tired of going in there and being sent home for what ever reason... 2cm dialated 38+ weeks third child... i ve always been induced with my kids in the end for different reasons and never had to worry about my water , cause they always broke it in hospital, after the pic. was started .... desperate for answers...is it possible to leak just here and there not like constantly???? if i lay down should it keep coming or can it wait awhile to do it again????
when my water broke it was a small leak but it was enough to realize in about an hour that it wasnt just urine
I would call the hospital, with my first i only had a small hole so it leaked here and there for that evening.  you should definitely call and see.  i don't think it could be urine leaking without you knowing.
If you think your water is leaking, call your doctor right now!  I thought I was leaking and they had me drive straight to the doc's office and get checked out.  They take a swab sample and do some test to determine if it's ammiotic fluid.  

Don't play around with this - call your doctor right now and ask what you should do.  If you think you peed your pants, then I'm sure it's your water.  Once your water breaks there's a time limit that you must deliver the baby within.

Good luck!!
I'm gonna guess that since you were stripped, it's probably your water, call the hospital and see what they say, but normally they say wait for contractions, but being this is your third child, it may come faster, I would go home from work if i was you. Good luck
i have never given birth.. can you girls please explain to me what "stripping your membranes" means??? to me it sounds awfly painful!!!  I know about when they break your water, but this one has me confused.. Thanks!!
It's when you're very near your due date, and you're dilated a little, and the doctor uses his finger to round out the inside of your cervix to manually loosen your mucus plug.  This makes your body start producing oxytocin and usually brings on labor within 24-48 hours after stripping your membranes.  It hurts, but it's very very brief.