HELP! Growth spurt??
I really need to know if what I'm experiencing with my son is normal. So if you all could please, please, let me know if this is normal, if what I'm experiencing is my son going through a growth spurt, or what..  I have had suspicions of him possibly having Acid Reflux.. And that explained a lot of the things he was doing.. But now something new is happening. He's eating a LOT! He started out when he very first got home only eating about 2.5 ounces, and quickly upped that to 3, then 3.5 and stayed that way for a while. He was eating well, every 3 hours and gained 2 lb from leaving the hospital in 2 weeks. He's now 18 days old, and since a couple nights ago he started eating more, he went up to 4 ounces, and like just overnight he started on 8 ounces !! He's not eating quite as frequently, he's been sleeping somewhat more, and he's been super cranky. I read that this can be associated with a growth spurt, but I'm just not so certain that his milk intake should have DOUBLED just like that!  I'm kind of afraid maybe possibly something is wrong.. But I don't know.. Maybe this is normal? Could someone please ease my mind? 8 ounces sure seems like a lot. He never vomitted it back up, so I don't think he's getting too much for him to handle. I try everything else to calm him, first.. But nothing works, he will NOT take his binkies, he only wants to eat.
Any advice?
He is likely growing and these spurts will happen quite frequently during the next few months.

Totally normal.
don't worry, I remember the day I came home from work and my MIL told me my dd had 8 oz bottles all day.  I almost didn't believe it either.
what milk are you using, my son is really greedy, i put him up a milk and he settles alot easier dont get me wrong hes still greedy he drinks 9oz bottles every 2 hours but im sure its mainly for comfort x dont worry, if it was too much he wouldnt take it, they know what they need x
He is most likely growing if he isnt vomitting it up.  That happened with my ds too.  It seemed like I up'ed the ounces very quickly.  Some nights he would eat a bunch, but I soon realized it was mostly because he was up too late and became cranky.  The last time I feed him that amount I was rocking him afterwards and it induced projectile vomiting across my entire shirt...sorry TMI, but it looked like a wet t-shirt contests when I came out of it all!  So I started getting him to bed earlier and he stopped over eating.  But I would say as long as he doesnt vomit and doesnt seem in pain aftering eating that large amount he is okay.  Sometimes little babies just dont know when they are full or sometimes think they are hungry because they have gas.
Thanks.. That makes me feel a bit better. It seemed insane that someone so small could be drinking such a tall bottle of milk already! He seemed to calm down and drank about 4 oz, then probably 6 earlier.. He just kind of varies it throughout the day, it seems to depend on how long he slept before. If I weren't so messed up on my days/hours I would wake him up every 3 hours to get him more regulated. But that's really hard to do. Especially when savoring the time that he does sleep. Hahah.

Anyways thanks again. :)