Maternal & Child Community
HELP!!! Mastitis for the third time in 2 months!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HELP!!! Mastitis for the third time in 2 months!!!

First: Mastitis *****!!! Holy cripes, it kicks your ***. And by kicks your *** I mean I feel like I have the worst flu ever, everything hurts, have the worst headache and fatigue, fever, and a huge and angry boob to boot! Plus nausea and near vomiting -- that's also fun.

But the reason why I'm writing this is not just to vent. For those of you who have had this, shouldn't I be feeling better after nearly 48 hrs on antibiotics? My fever is gone (or at least low-grade -- might be coming back tonight, have to check) but otherwise I don't feel all that much better. I've had this three times and been on antibiotics twice now (second time I healed it holistically but my symptoms were too severe this time and I was suffering).

When should I consider going back to the doctor?

I'm thinking part of the problem is my babe has finally started to sleep longer stretches the last few weeks and I am going 6-7 hrs without nursing. Do I disrupt our routine and do away with all of our hard work to get me that sleep? The reason why I am getting this is that I am soo rundown, she was such a poor sleeper, and I started to experience extreme insomnia on top of the frequent wakings. I assume it will only be harder on her when I stop night feeds again when I'm better. Ugh.

Fyi, I've tried lecithin, vit c, hot and cold compresses, cabbage leaves, massage, raw garlic, ginger infusions, probiotics....At this point I'm afraid I am seriously considering weaning, which I don't want to do (also babe won't take a bottle so will be difficult) but I can't continue to spend my mat leave unwell!!!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
13 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank