HSG Procedure
I am new here, I am 25 and have a 3 year old son, we have been trying for our sencond child for over a year alreaady, I have done three months of clomid and today is the day that my period should start as of yet it hasn't.  I feel a bit yucky and crampy but I have felt that for four days already.
Doctor says the next step is die into my tubes to make sure there are no blockages.
I am worried about this I am scared that they are gonna find something wrong.
I really have no one else to talk to about this.
Have you taken a preg test?  I have not heard of dye in the tubes.  Does he mean to do that if you are not preg this time?
I am also trying to get pregnant again after 7 yrs of depo....last shot Dec 2003. Although I have not ovulated on my own, I did ovulate on clomid...3 cycles now. I am still not pregnant either. Not to worry though becuz the stats say it takes, once at the right dosage of clomid, 3-6 cycles before concieving. I would talk to your Dr. about letting you go the duration the medicine should be precribed. Plus the Dr. should have tested you for any reproductive tract issues, blockages, endometriosis, etc...BEFORE prescribing clomid. Clomid only works if you are ONLY anovulatory, not if you have a physical prob with the reproductive system.

Good luck and I hope you are pregnant, if not I would raise some questions to your gyno.....wishes you a happy healthy pregnancy

kimmie
sorry....p.s. clomid cycles can be longer than your normal menses....I am 28 days on my own....30-32 on clomid....hope that helps.

kimmie
I have had the hsg procedure done.  It's really not bad.  I had to do it between days 7 and 10 of my cycle to make sure I wasn't pg.  I have read that some women get pg after the procedure but during that cycle after years of trying.  They believe it can clear out a small blockage in your tubes.  I don't know if there is any scientific evidence to back this up.  If you have more questions about the procedure, I would be happy to answer them for you.
Thanks everyone as that is all great info.  Nope the doctor said that he wanted me to try clomid before and than he would do the procedure?
I am going tonight and hopefully he will be able to answer some of these questions.
I did have 21 day progestrogin test done and it said that yes I was ovulating, he said that for the past year I more than likely was not ovulating for the past year.
I am gonna keep going on clomid, I just feel I have done so much reading and research that I should be pregnate I have done it all.  Even went to my friend whom is a natural path....
soon hopefully
I was in the same situation as you.  Doctor wanted me to try Clomid before doing the blockage test.  Trying Clomid for a few months is less invasive than getting the test done, and I wanted to try Clomid first too.  Doc also told me that some women get pregnant right after the blockage test, like hoping said.  I was waiting for my period to start to start taking Clomid, but it never did because I got pregnant!!  So I have $25 (one month) worth of Clomid pills in my dresser....
I am glad to hear that you r ovulating on the clomid....that is awsome.....keep in mind that it takes 3-6 cycles on the drug to get pg and there is only a 15-25% chance each ovulatory cycle that you will get pg....it is amazing how hard it is to get pg even in the most favorable conditions....LOL.

I would definately ask your Dr. why he didnt test u prior to clomid....cuz the clomid wont help if you have a blockage cuz the egg never meets the sperm, lessening your chances. If they want to test now I would let them so the rest of your clomid cycles r working in your favor.

Good luck sweety and I hope you have the baby you deserve.....I am crossing my fingers on us both.

kimmie
Clomid is less invasive than the tube test, so trying that first is a good idea.  I am in the same boat, my first Clomid cycle.  I just took the 4th pill.  I did have an ultrasound done of my uterus and ovaries first.  You might also want to get your husband's sperm count done, too.  Not too invasive and could rule things out.
oh girl i hear ya on that one! hubby and i have stopped wondering with every sign and symptom too. we want a baby so bad but sometimes we feel that our drive might be what hinders us...LOL. i guess with us all it will happen when it is supposed to.

I had a creamy discharge too when i was pg with my 1st son torward the time i would have tested....but i also had an implant bleed as well. but torward the time of af i also get that same discarge.....preg and af symptoms are too similar. i would recommend taking a hpt if u can....at least then there might be some relief.

good luck hun.....i have my fingers crossed......kimmie,
I have freinds who have had the tube test.  Lost get pregnant really fast after that test, because of the cleansing.
My Dr. told us I would det the HSG done if we didn't conceive after 3 cycles of Clomid.  We got pregnant on clomid cycle #3.  Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?
I feel like I have prodded enough and that if I stop counting and calculating so much that it will happen.  But we just want that baby.
I am hoping that tomorrow I can take a test I feel kinda yucky today, but nothing yet but a creamy discharge, what does that mean?

Thanks again
I had an HSG this past January when talking to my DR. about TTC later this year.  She gave me one because I have a history of Bicorneut Uterus.  The procedure is mildly irritating and they have you do it while you are still on AF or with in a couple of days to rule out pregnancy.  I was happy that I did it because I found out that all my other reproductive organs besides the Heart Shaped Uterus were all OK.  I am now 8w2d preggers and just saw the Heartbeat on Tuesday.  Also, my sister got preggers on chlomid within 3 cycles, she just went to start again (chlomid) and found out she was already preggers!  Best of luck to you!
Hey everyone,

I miss counted the days I was going every 28 days on the nose thanks to clomid, today I am 2 days late.  I talked to the doctor and he told me to make sure I wait a week atleast before taking the test, but I couldn't so I took one this afternoon.  It was negative, but he told me that more than likly it would be that is the reason for the week I guess....I am gonna keep hoping and praying that Monday or Tuesday I see that little + sign....
Thanks everyone let me know what you think I should do? How much longer should I wait?
This is my first post and i just wanted to share what i was going tru with people in similar situation
I have recently just had HSG, it was very uncomfortable and i had thrush after! I have been trying to conceive for over 5yrs. my hubby has really low sperm count so we decided to turn to IVF. i thought it was going to be straight forward but instead i have been subjected to diff test. at the consulation i had a scan, which shows that my ovaries are in good shape! then i had to go for the HSG to take a further look at my uterus and tubes, i got the results back last week. its hows that my left tube is blocked and fluids have deposited just under the blocked tube. i was so shocked! now i have to have a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy procedure to remove this etc... i am so gobsmacked  i thought since the problem is with my hubby i would start the IVF already! i am feeling very depressed about it and no one really understand what i am going tru.
I had clomid didn't work a week ago I got the hsg test I am 32 so I pray that this works husband and I are so wanting an addition to our family. It would be my parents 1st grandchild somebody tell me some good news please
I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years now. I miscarried in 2003 and I have been trying every since. My Dr has me taking prenantals now and I am having the HSG procedure done tomorrow. I am kinda cared about the outcome. But my husband and I want to have a baby real bad. So I hope they find whatever is the problem