Maternal & Child Community
Had AF- But got BFP!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Had AF- But got BFP!!

I had posted on the fertility board but wanted to share my story over here.  I had a m/c in August and am now on my 2nd cy of clomid.  I started bleeding 11dpo. bled for 3 days Went to the dr for my clomid check on cd#2- even started taking clomid.  Well on Christmas I felt sick while opening presents so I though oh well take a test ( I have enough of them lol) It came back +++,  I had my levels done on tuesday 12/26- they were 293, then 12/28 they went to over 600.  So everything looks good!

Just  trust your instincts!!  Even when I startd what I thought was af I still thought I was pg.  I had to wear pads/ and an occasional tampon for this af, so it was a pretty big shock to now 4 days later to be pg!!
Good Luck to everyone
Tags: Pregnancy, maternal, Bleeding, christmas, clomid, test
CONGRATS!  That is great news!  what a way to have Christmas!!
Congrats!!! Your story is amazing! I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions. I'm not trying to be nosy, but am having kind of the same thing going on. I was due for AF the 22nd, for about the last 2 weeks have been really nauseas,sore nipples, and my veins are showing in my boobs and hips (not attractive at all. LOL!) Anyways I woke up this morning (7 days late) and having some brown bleeding (not bad though) I tested yeturday and got a negative, but it was a cheapy test and the control line didn't even show up all the way. Did you have actual red bleeding? Or was it more light and not like a period? Does AF normally last 3 days for you? I was going to buy a first response test today to take tomorrow, but now I wasn't going to since I started bleeding, but now I'm wondering if I still should? Anyways thanks for your story! And congrats!!! And, again I'm not trying to be nosy just trying to figure out what I should do. Thanks for any input!
Okay I don't mind questions!  That is why I posted to try to help someone else in a similar situation.  

11dpo- Had tons of CM but it was tinted red/pink
12 dpo- thought for sure af was here, I wore a pad, but didn't get to much on it.  Didn't really hafe af cramps either. Had some twinges but thought it was af

13dpo- Still bleeding- I had some red blood, it wasn't as heavy as my period but still there. I used a tampon today but it hurt when I took it out because there wasn't much on it. I thought that was strange... Took 100mg of clomid today since I thought I was on cd #3

14 dpo-  Still bleeding - wearing a pad not much on it though
took 100 mg of clomid

15 dpo- bleeding is slowing sown sometimes it is there sometimes not... took clomid today too

16 dpo- Christmas day- got sick while opening presents.  I actually took a OPK first, before I even put the stick down it cam back positive.  So I used an hpt- jumed in for a quick shower, and when i got out there was my BFP!

17dpo- got bllod drawn 293- took bbt today sure enough it was still high

19 dpo- repeat level 615- bbt still up

Dh was totally shocked as was I.  I was in the middle of a really good pity party for me .  Christmas was pretty sad we had a rough year.
But I take it as a sign
My father had cancer and after my m/c in august he told me that he will meet my angel in heaven and then send him/or her back down to me. BUT this way he could meet them.  My father passed away 1 month ago today so he definitely sent me my Christmas present.

I hope this helps
Lyz
OMG Thats awsome CONGRATS!!! You don't hear of that to offten...I am in the same situation.. I have had many symptoms and just a weird feeling that I am... I tested wed. with first responce and got a BFN I started AF on Wed. night so it hasn't even been 2 days and I still feel nausous.. :( But I know that implantation has to occure for the HCG levels to rise and if I would be it wouldnt detect it yet.. My frind and I have been talking about how we feel and she got a BFP on Christmas morning and I hope there is a chance that I could still be. I think I am just going to wait a couple more days and test again with first responce... Congrats again & Good Luck with everything...

LuvBeingAMommy22
Congrats and good luck to you!!!!  I hope this will be a great pregnancy for you.

I had a simial experiebce but mine ended bad.  I had AF 12/2.  a little ligter than usual but  anyways...  on 12/12 a took a HPT (I just felt different) and sure enough BFP!!!  I went to have blood work and it was 21.  after 1 week it went to 19 my dr thought maybe a lab mistake so 1 week later it was 7... And today 12/29 i got AF again  exactly 28 days.  I am usually on 28day cycles.  So I guess if I never would have tested I never would have known I was preg.  

This just goes to show you may have what you think is a period and can still be pregnant!!!
I wish you the very best of Luck!!!!!
I would suggest you test anyway - I totally agree with trusting your instict!  I had AF 9/8/06 and thought for sure I got pg that following month, had a neg Blood test on 10/4 and finally on 10/8 AF arrived at 31 days when I am normally 24-26 days.  So I stopped testing and thought next month will be better, only to start spotting on 10/27 (only 3 weeks since last AF) to the point I had to leave work and change my clothes - of course I saw that pesky test under the sink at home and said what the heck - and got a huge BFP!  Blood HCG on 10/27 was 500 - so that was not from AF on 10/8 - no way I could have had hcg of 500 in 3 weeks from lmp.  It had to have been from cycle before then.  Of course, the spotting was actually the beginning of my 3rd m/c in a year, but still, TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS.  I knew I was pg, just couldn't get a positive test to confirm it then got what I thought was AF, but it was really more likely implantation bleeding (never had that before though).  If you are ttc you are very in tune with your body and you know your body better than anyone else does - so trust your instincts and test even if everyone around you thinks you are nuts for doing it!  Good luck!
CONGRATULATIONS! Something really similar happened to a friend of mine this past summer ... she thought for sure that she wasn't pregnant because she started af (or so she thought), but her af was shorter than usual by a couple of days, so it perked her interest. The day after it ended, she took a test and got a BFP.

CONGRATULATIONS again and best wishes to you!