Maternal & Child Community
Had Bleeding after taking Plan B.. Spotting or my period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had my regular period at the beginning of the month, I have always had a consistent period every month. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and I was worried about getting pregnant so I took the plan B. I took the first pill then 12 hours later I forgot to take the second pill. After that (don't Remember the exact date) maybe about two weeks, I got what I thought was my period but could have been spotting). It was dark red and only lasted a few days. It was slightly heavy. When I get my regular period it usually last for 3 to 4 days. I was doing some research on it and some places said spotting isn't heavy and won't come up on your underwear others say it can be heavy or lite. I don't know what to think! Was what I got my period or just spotting? Can I be at more risk because I forgot to tke the second pill? My boyfriend doesn't think I am or could be pregnant, but I am really worried about it. Please help me, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi!
It all depends on when you had unprotected sex. If you had it in the beginning of your menstrual cycle, then the spotting could be ovulation bleed. If you had it in middle of your cycle, then the spotting could be your periods, or just implantation bleed. I suggest you wait three weeks from the time you last had sex and take a pregnancy test. If it is negative, repeat after a week. Take care!