Hand Foot and Mouth and pregnant women.
I have a question.  I am so worried.  Last monday my daughter got hand foot and mouth disease.  It was a very mild case she had maybe ten bumps between all of her hands and feet and about five or six on her bottom and as far as I know none on her mouth.  The blisters are gone.  You can still see the little red spots where they were but they are almost totally gone.  My question is that Sunday we're having xmas and my sister in law will be there and she is pregnant.  She's soposed to have her baby on Jan 22nd.  My daughter's doc (well P.A.) told me there was no need to isolate her.  (with no fever) She never told me to stay away from preggo women.  So my question is what do we do.  My sister in law called her doc and he said he wasn't going to tell her to stay away because it was the holiday's but....just use common sense and wash hands after she touches baby.  He said she can hold her and hug her just wash hands.  My question is.  Just how big of a deal is this.  And what about the adults that have been with my daughter.  Sunday when we have xmas it will be one day less than two weeks since my daughter got it.  I know it can be in you for weeks maybe even months after your symtoms leave.  I also have a neighbor boy that was over Sunday and he has a cousin about to deliver.  His mom knows my daughter had it but should I tell her to keep him away from his cousin.  Again I have OCD and I have been trying to get into my doctor for a while with no luck.  I again am wondering if this is a rational fear or just me over reacting.  PLEASE HELP ME!!!
ok it's scarey that there are no comments! lol
I think there are no comments because the people that have looked at it so far probably can't say
what is safe or not, your daughters doctor and your sister-in-laws doctors should advise them on what to do, and they are the ones who know best.