Maternal & Child Community
Has anyone had consistent bleeding with IVF and been successful?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am having a similar experience to Haiya's. I had two embryos implanted on Oct. 15. My first beta hcg was 17, a few days later it was 79, and a couple of days after that it was 319. I am having daily progesterone shots but I began spotting/bleeding the night before my first hcg. The nurse said this was normal. But then I began to just bleed (not heavily-just consistently) and that is still going on today. When I talked to the nurse she told me I was probably losing one embryo and not to worry. Then she told me there was a 50% chance I would lose the other one. I don't see my doctor again until the 15th for a pregnancy ultrasound. Has anyone else had this type of bleeding and still remained pregnant with a healthy baby? My husband looked at the side effects of the progesterone and the number one side effect is vaginal bleeding. Help!
i bled from 5 weeks till 11 weeks
and i just delivered!
I wouldn't be worrying yet.  Your HCG levels seem to be doing what they should.  If these start to drop or not double every few days then you have problems.  

I have heard of a lot of IVF women who report bleeding during the first trimester and go on to have successful pregnancies.  If you start to experience severe cramps and the bleeding become heavy then this would be a problem.

I wish you all the best.

I wish you all the best.
Thanks everyone for your help. I feel better.
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site and discussions/questions.  I am 8 days post embryo transfer.  This was our first IVF cycle and we were able to transfer 2 "very good quality" embryos... I'm very impatient and will not find out if I am pg until 12/28.  I have not experienced any cramping or vaginal discharge since the transfer and we are hoping that is an excellent sign that all is well and attached. Has anyone gone thru IVF and been sucessful on the first try?
Hi. My wife is due to test on Friday but has started bleeding. 2nd cycle so worried this is a failure. What to do?

Hopeful Dad.
PLease can you help... i am 12 days post embryo transfer and for last 3-4 days have had light bleeding (brown watery) and am concerned that the IVF has not worked, i am so impatient and can not find out for another 4 days. can anyone add some comments? thank you so much Jenny