Maternal & Child Community
Has anyone had healthily rising hcg and then gone on to miscarry??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sorry to ask another question but has anyone had good rising hcg levels such as 700, 1691 then 3132 and then gone on to have a miscarriage because I have just miscarried in sept and fallen pregnant again without a period and am having cramping pains in my back but no blood however I did spot for a few days last week like a brownish tinged mucus only when wiping but that has subsided now and I have had a scan and they say everything looks normal for 5 weeks but no baby yet so have to go back in 3 weeks..  Cant help thinking about it all the time.. just need some reassurance.
Sounds similar to what I am going through.  I had an embryo transfer on October 10th and have had a positive blood pregnancy test and tripling HcG numbers but went in today for an ultrasound and they saw a sac but no fetus.  I am a little stressed, as one would be.  Trying to stay positive - the doctor said she wants me back in on Monday.  Well, lets stay positive together!
Yes keep positive together.  I was told today that for it is normal to just see a sac with no baby at this stage about 5 weeks, so it should be ok fingers crossed.  Dont you just wish they could give you an answer straight away without all this waiting an agonising??  Good luck for Monday, let me know.
hi it seems like you both are fine, your hcg are doubling & its good numbers too. i tell you my mom had 2 m/cs and after that  had delivered 9 healthy kids. my sisters,3 of them had m/c on  their 1st pregnancy but right away they got pregnant and have healthy kids now. they keep telling me that i might have m/c too on my 1st pregnancy, so i did last oct17. they are reassuring me that next time it will be a successful pregnancy. hopefully, in GOD'S will. im not losing any hopes and i pray for all the women here that suffered loss to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby(ies).

take care always and relax..
I think what makes all of this so hard, for me anyway, is that I have gone through Invetro.  The first try we had a positive and the HcG's went up and then 5 days later I miscarried.  The second try we had a beautiful baby boy.  This invetro cycle was done with frozen embryos, which I do not know if that makes any difference or not, but it is just really scary - for any woman - to be told that there is a sac with NO fetus/heartbeat.  Yes, it is true pregnancy is such a tough thing for us women to have to go through but the ending results are all well worth it and I do believe that positive thoughts will get me through - it is just trying to stay positive.  My HcG numbers this time were 911 - 2 1/2 weeks after transfer.  I have not had them checked since but only pray that they are still rising.

Good Luck to All!  POSITIVE! POSITIVE! POSITIVE!
Thankyou so much for your kind words, it all helps to give a little reassurance.  Im gonna try to keep positive from now on..  xx
I have now started to bleed a little did anyone have this and still go on to have a baby.  I am now finding it hard to be positive :(
The weird thing is that the pain in my back is nowhere near so bad.  I was told that I had a cyst on my right ovary which is normal in pregnancy but mine is rather large.  Could it be that this cyst has burst??  Anyone??
Just to let you know and not to freak you out.  I had what they called a missed abortion.  I went in for my ultrasound on Monday (now 7 weeks) and they still could see nothing.  I had to go home and take medication so that I could pretty much give myself a miscarriage.  UGH!  

Thing happen for a reason, so I keep trying to tell myself.  Just trying to stay strong for my family but remember keep POSITIVE!!!!!

Many thoughts to you and Good Luck with everything.