Maternal & Child Community
Has anyone tried the Drano test??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Has anyone tried the Drano test??

Has anyone tried the Drano test to predict sex? My SIL did it ans it was correct for my niece. I'm not saying that I would go by what it said, just for fun.
I read up on that, and it's just as 'accurate' as the chinese gender chart. However, I def wouldn't try it as they say it can release some harmful fumes.
I did it,but there are so many different variations out there(saying what the results mean) i dont remember if it was right or not,but i did it outside,because it has a little bit of a reaction to it, and i read somewhere too i think that sometimes it explodes,mine did bubble over so i am glad i did it outside.
My friend did it for her third...a bunch of her friends did it and it was right, but not for her.  She had a boy and drano test said girl.
I have heard of it. This radio station I listen to did it on the air and it worked. So I think a little farther down the line, I'll try it for fun. I will just pee in a cup and have some idiot mix them together. :)
What is the drano test?
that is crazy! can you imagine the neighbor looking over the fence. sees you peeing in a cup with safety goggles and then pouring drano into it!!!!
If you want to know what it is Google it...I did! It's pretty interesting :)
The Drano Test
Items you will need:

2 tablespoons of Crystal Drano
Medium glass or glass jar (preferably one you don't intend to use again)
Safety Glasses
Perform Outside

Step 1
You will need a urine sample of about two to three ounces. The urine sample must be fresh - preferably the first of the morning.

Step 2
Put on safety glasses. Take the test materials outside. Pour the Drano into the glass or glass jar. Then pour an equal amount of urine into the glass or glass jar.

Step 3
Observe. If the concoction becomes nasty smelling, and darkens to a brownish color within the first 10 seconds, IT'S A BOY !

If it just sits there for more than 10-15 seconds, IT'S A GIRL !

In either case it's going to smell really bad, and you'll want to hose it down fairly quickly!

Yes what is the drano test? I've never heard of it.
if you are an anxious mom like me you want to know as early as possible the sex of your baby. I have a 19 yr. old stepson, a 7 yr. old son and 2 yr. old twin boys, 4 boys!!!! So you can imagine me and my hubby were anxious to get a girl finally. I paid for the intelligender test for 40 bucks in my 12th week and it said Boy, and then a week later i did the draino test for 6 bucks, it said Girl. I went to my 18th and 26th ultrasound and both said definetely GIRL!!!! We are very excited to say the least but i only wish when i look back that i had not bought that intelligender test. All it is is a fancy package of the draino test with less fumes. The container gets hot in both test, and the results can go either way, BIG DIFFERENCE-one im out 6 dollars and the other 30. Hummm, i could use that for baby clothes.