Maternal & Child Community
Have I miscarried one twin?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Have I miscarried one twin?

Last Friday I went to the Dr. and had an u/s, on the u/s he saw 2 amnio sacs, no fetus yet.  Prior to appt. I had a quant HCG done because I had a m/c in March at 8 1/2 wks.  He said that the numbers didn't look very good yet, but that I could be too early in pregnancy still.  On Sunday I started spotting brown blood, only when wiping. Mon...more brown blood, started wearing pantyliner, also took first part of another Quant.HCG.Tues, more brown blood upgraded to a pad and called Dr., he seemed unconcerned and told me to call him Thurs. for results of testing, also said that if bleeding becomes excessive (one pad and hour) to go to ER and call him. Wed, I took second part of HCG and by the time night came I started cramping pretty bad, like labor pains that I experienced with my daughter 11 years ago.  At 1:30 am I woke in such pain that i went to the toilet and started bleeding a ton of red blood, couldn't tell if it had matter in it because the toilet was so red I couldn't see through the water. (sorry for graphics)  After that episode, the cramps were much milder and I changed pads, but still not soaking a pad an hour, not even a pad in 4 hours.  I didn't want to go to ER so I waited for A.M. to call DR.  He said that my test results were great!!!  I told him what happened but he doesn't want to see me until Mon.  He thinks that I may have passed one amnio sac, but why would he want to wait to see me if I am still bleeding and slightly cramping.  Bleeding is like a period with no sign of ending, but I am not soaking pads like he explained. Did I m/c at all?  I hate waitin
How far along are you when you had the u/s and saw the sacs? Keep us posted...i've been bleeding too that wavered down to spotting but i'm always waiting for bleeding again...i'm only 6w3d...i go to the doc on tuesday for another u/s
Halona, I understand your wanting to see the dr. That happened to me to, I only had one baby, but I start to bleed a little when I wiped last saturday and called the dr. when I got up on sunday and they told me to just wait to see them on monday unless I was soaking more than a pad an hour, then I needed to go to the er, It's so frustrating. Because youreally feel helpless and scared. I did end up miscarring on monday, but hopefully that wont happen to you, if youare too worried go ahead and go to the hospital. How far along are you? I would be concerned too, with bad cramping like that. I hope everything is okay, I will be thinking of you! K
Keep us posted!!
I am a twin and my mother said that in her first trimester she once "filled the toilet with blood".  She went on to deliver 2 healthy babies...6.5 lbs each.  Not sure if she had cramping though or how long the bleeding lasted.  Best wishes to you.
When I went for the u/s last Friday I was calculated @ 6wk 3ds. So that now puts me at 7wks 4dys. Funny thing is that in spite of all this bleeding, and the cramps that seem extremely mild today, I feel more pregnant now than I did a week ago.  Dr. thought that when he did the u/s last week that we could be calculating wrong and I could be less far along than we think.  My m/c in March was a missed m/c so I didn't have any bleeding or cramping at all, I just went to the Hosp. as scheduled for a D&C, so this is a much different experience for me, and I am frightened to death. Monday can't come soon enough, but I will be patient.  I thank you for your concerns and wishes, and I will keep you posted.  I visited the site frequently during last m/c and only read the threads, I never posted, I love how informative it is and how caring most people who post are. Thank you sincerely!
Good Luck Halona, and thanks for the support. Talking to all of you makes me feel so much better! Let us know how it's going! K
By the way, I am sorry for your m/c, I know how it feels.My March episode, I didn't even know that I was pregnant, and I was 8 1/2 wks. I had every symptom in the book from tender breasts to morn sickns, and even craving pepperoni pizza (which I despise) however I was also on the pill, and going through a lot of stress so I didn't attribute the symptoms to pregnancy, only to stress.  My pain Dr. is the one that told me that I was prego,which was a huge blow because I was dependant on Pain Pills for my bad back.  The loss at that time was hard, but almost a releif.  I felt that God sent that baby to me for a reason and that was to get free and clean of pain pills, and as soon as I took my last pill, I miscarried the next day.  It was very emotional.  This pregnancy I wasn't trying to get prego again, but my Dr. knew that I would eventually be trying again and didn't want me on the pill(I wanted to wait 3 more months tho). So my husband and I were using the w/d method, and it doesn't work...lol. I pray that this will be a better outcome than the last, and I wish you luck in the future. Thank you again for your thoughts.
Well, I did in fact miscarry both of the amnio sacs, wether they actually developed into fetus' prior to miscarriage will remain unkown.  I have to continue quantative HCG testing until my HCG levels are down to zero to make certain that I wont need to have a D&C.  I would really like to avoid that if possible.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, but it just wasn't meant to be, and I am a firm believer in destiny.  Good luck to all of you.
I am so sorry for your loss/es.  I just m/c on 8/15 and I also believe it just wasn't meant to be.  THat doesn't make it any easier though. Come to think of it I was 7weeks 6 days, just about the same as you and I started my spotting the on 8/9. I luckily did not have to have a d&C hopefully you won't either. My prayers are with you. Good luck
i was supposed to be 8weeks and 5 days this past tuesday and i went into the dr for my first ultrasound. i have been having intense nausea but luckily no sickness, although there were many days i would have rather gotten sick. Anyway i had an inclination that i was carrying twins from the very beginning, no family history either side. so i waaas not very surpised when we saw 2 sacs, but being nearly 9 weeks i knew there was a problem when he decided to do a transvaginal ultrasound and said i must be very early. so crushing news, possibly a blighted ovum and the other sac shows something what the dr is saying the size of a 6 week pregnancy (4 week gestational) and no obvious heart tones. they took my blood to check hcg levels and i returned today to have them checked again. i asked if it was possible to have fallen pregnant twice. the first being the blighted ovum and the second possibly 2 weeks later, which might explain the growth difference in dates. i was told it is a possibilty. i asked this as i miscarried last year at what what we thought 11wks, but found on ultrasound the baby had stopped growing at 9 wks again finding out at first ultrasound, no heartbeat. my body did not naturally release everything so i had a d & c. the last 2 days have been a nightmare, but i have prepared myself for the worst, there is still some hope, but i cannot sense anything anymore, all symptoms have stopped :-( i do have 2 beautiful children whom i hold close daily a little too tight at the moment. and i now await tomorrows news anxiously. i just wanted to reach out to you all and say my thoughts are with you and i feel with you. i just happened to come across this site while desperatley trying to find something to connect with and you have helped me . thankyou
i had a miscariiage on 3/8/07 3 wekks later i have 4 positive pregnancy results. having an ultrasound on thursday but it feels weeks away. can any one help? PLEASE
Think i may have caused some confusion because of the way i have displayed the date.I m/c august 3rd [or did i] i know i started bleeding on this date and carried on bleeding for 5 days but now ive been told that its to early to detect a new pregnancy. Ive also been told i may have been pregnant with twins and lost one. All i know is that ive had positive pregnancy tests everyday since 25 august. Im so confused, any comments would be gratefully reieved.Thankyou.
I'm looking for information and stories from women who may have lost one twin to miscarriage, but carried the other one. At 5 and a half weeks I started bleeding and cramping, and i was sure I'd lost the baby, but an ultrasound showed everything was fine. A week later I began bleeding heavily again (bright red blood and more than a period) and I passed something that I'm sure was a placenta. I saw my older son's at birth, and this was identical, only smaller, with a cord attached and everything. I returned to get another ultrasound to confirm and was shocked when they said the baby was fine. The Dr. wouldn't believe me that I passed a placenta, but I'm certain, and thinking that I might have had twins without knowing it.
I am looking for information of the same sort...from very early on in pregnancy (4 weeks)I had extremely strong early pregnancy symptoms...weight gain, morning sickness, extreme difficulty sleeping, and I was constantly having to urinate (this is in comparison to friends and my 1st pregnancy, which ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks).  At 7.5 weeks, I had abdominal and back cramping and bleeding for 3 weeks, on and off, but in the last 4 days of those weeks, I had more severe bleeding and bad cramping with eventually expelling large clumps -gray and blue matter that looked like the pics on web sites of "embryos" in the same gestational range (even a small round coral sponge). I KNEW I had lost my baby and since the bleeding stopped, just accepted that I had miscarried.  Two weeks thereafter, I went to the hospital for another illness and they told me I was still pregnant, confirmed by ultrasound, although my HCG levels had dropped some and in their words, was worrisome. I was so shocked to hear that I was still pregnant that I literally almost fainted. With all the facts and surrounding circumstances, I think that I may have been pregnant with twins, and miscarried one. Since the tissue passed after the 7.5 weeks, the swelling in my breast decreased, as did my fatigue and I didn't have to go to the bathroom near as much - all of which added to my certainty that I had miscarried.  Anyone have similar circumstances?  
this appears to be more common that I ever imagined......I am 10 weeks and have had the same thing happening the last week.  I started bleeding, cramping and am certain I, too, passed a large clump.  Until I started reading more online about possible having been pregnant with twins and losing one, I had just tried to accept the fact that I had m/c too.  I have been to the doctor twice to do HCG tests and I'm now just waiting to see what the results are to see if the levels are increasing as they should.  I don't want to get my hopes to high, but now I'm just praying that this same thing has happened to me and I'll still have one child that will make it.  

thanks for giving me hope.
last week i had bleeding with no pain and it lasted for about 6days and it was lighter than a period. i have come to terms that i miscarried but today i have been getting pregnancy symptons again sore nipples nauser and insomna. now im hinking did i miscarry my partner thinks im bonkers but somethings telling me dont give up. if i am still pregnant i will be 6weeks today
i was pregnant and started bleeding on friday may 23rd and  it is may 27th  and i past my baby this morning i picked it up out of  the water and i was wanting to know how many cord is on a baby  cause mine had 2 and i wanted to know if anyone else has looked at the baby they lost i really would like to know could that mean that it might be twins
i have one child and two years later fell preg again. had a dating u/s told i was 8wk2d with one baby.went home started to bleed brown and clotted with really mild cramps.went for u/s the next day and was told my baby is fine but MAY have m/c and undetected twin i felt different and instinct told me there was twins.however i carried one full term she a year old.but i did the u/s alone so have nothin on paper and my mum recently had d/c and when i told her about what happen to me she changes the subject like she doesnt believe me .i gave my daughter the middle name that iwould of called the twin.but my mother is preg again and saying she may call her the name of the twin i lost.im gutted she dont believe me and i got no proof
All of your stories give me comfort in knowing that I am not alone.  I was 13w1d when I started bleeding, cramping and having severe labor like pains.  I've never felt pain like that in my life.  

Here goes.....I learned I was pregnant at 7w4d.  At 8w6d I started light bleeding, went in for an u/s a few days later and the doctor confirmed that the baby was fine (I even saw his little heartbeating).  I continued to lightly bleed from that point forward but I was not concerned. On 10/24 I started getting mild cramping in my lower back with slightly heavier bleeding than usual.  As the night went on, my bleeding starting getting heavier.  By Sat. afternoon, the pain was so severe that it mimicked labor pains.  On the way to the hospital, I got a severe rush of pain and then I felt a burst in my stomach, and a rush of fluid - it sounds silly but it was like my water broke.  Immediately following, the pain disipated and I knew that it was over. While in the hospital, the nurse attempted to hear the baby's heartbeat w/ a dobbler but no luck.  Very shortly after, I passed my fetus along with the sac while using the bathroom.  I was devastated.  

It was been three weeks since the miscarriage and I still feel pregnant.  I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I think that I still feel movement in my stomach.  I want to take a pregnancy test but scared that it will be negative.  I know that I have to move on and accept that I miscarried, but is there a chance that I was pregnant with twins and only miscarried one?  
I'm 5 wks 5 days pregnant and just yesterday i visited my dr for the usually check up. she sent me to pathology to get my bloods done to check my pregancy hormone levels. While i was there i was asked to do a urine sample to and thats when i noticed blood. It wasnt heavy at first - brownish blood- i was in shock. I've had 3 miscarriages ( missed aborts) one after another then a healthy baby girl.
When i returned home yesterday i noticed more blood and passed a few blood clots then the blood became heavier.
I will be getting a call in the next hour to confirm what is happening- miscarriage?? Prior to getting pregnant i was desiring twins and then read up on it and got scared. I appreciated this website which has given me a little hope for the next hour.
I'm devistated at present and wish that this was a nightmare that i will eventually wake up from.

I ask my soverign God to watch over all of us

God Bless
I was 17 weeks pregnant with twins a boy and girl when I had bad cramping, contractions like early Tuesday night to Wednesday morning and then they went away.  Before I go on I should say I had twins and the water broke in one earlier the week prior (PPROM).  I had went for an u/s and they found both heart beats.  Later that night is when it all started.  Wednesday by midafternoon cramps started up again, I felt something hanging out of my vagina and rushed to L&D.  I was 16 and 5 days when his water broke.  By Thursday around 3:30 I had to use the restroom and my son dropped out of me into the toilet.  I was so devastated and shocked.  I was shaking.  The nurses came in to detach him from my vagina by cutting his cord. ( The umbilical cord was prelapsed) .  I had no placenta that delivered with him. They let me see him  and it was amazing how much he had developed as a little boy.  He was 6.5 inches long and 4 oz.  The only thing missing from him was skin. He is a beautiful baby boy we ended up naming Max. Soon after this the risk for my baby girl were high as well as mine.  They feared for infection.  I was in the hospital for 10 days.   I was on 3 different antibiotics and procardia to prevent cramping.  I'm 19 weeks pregnant now and Keira my little girl has to fight and stay in at least for another 5 weeks so we can get a steriod shot in case I go into early delivery. I'm on bedrest at home so far so good.  I'm sad I lost my son but fight to keep my health and my baby girl Keira safe.

May God Bless all those who have suffered but stay strong for the reward at the end.
I just miscarried twins on 2/3.  I was 6w 1d.  I go today for a u/s to make sure that everything has passed.  I keep hoping that I am going to go in and they are going to tell me that I only lost one twin and the other is okay.  But I know that's not the case.  Now I just have to find out if I have to have the D & C.  I am so scared and sad and frustruated.  I just wanted to have these babies.  I am so angry with my body...I feel like it let me down.
I have two children and am pregnant with my third child.  I have had three miscarriages; one for each child.  I am curious about my last one, though.  I found out I was pregnant on April 8'09 and then started bleeding on april 12'09.  My doc. sent me for an ultrasound on April 19'09, and also for a HCG test.  The next day she said that my HCG levels were almost at 0 and that the ultrasound showed nothing left.  So in June, I was 1 week late for my period, so decided to take a test.  It was positive!  I have not been to see the doctor yet, because of scheduling, but according to the tests on the internet I am only 9 weeks pregnant, but feel (and look) more like 4 months pregnant.  Is it possible that I am still pregnant from the miscarriage, or is my size just because it is my third?
Hello, i havent went to the doctor yet at all, but my mom went to a psychic and he told her i was pregnant, ive been feeling pregnant. like i have had a lot of the symptoms. except now, i do no have breast tenderness. and im bleeding, not super heavy but theres blood. would this be a miscarriage? or just the begining of a pregnancy?
I had what I thought to be a period for 4 days then 3 week later start spotting, due to a prior miscarriage I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. I went to the ER where they did a blood and urine test and ultra sound. The ultra sund showed nothing but the dr said it was probably too soon to see. The HCG level was at 60 and the Er dr advised me to see my dr in 2 days. I went to my dr where he did another blood test but the level had only gone up to 70 he advised me to come back in 2 days to have another blood test which I did and was told my levels had dropped back down to 60 and I had probably had a miscarriage so they just wanted to monitor me until my levels reached 0 again. I had no bleeding during this time. A few day ago I started to really bleed just like an actual period, I even pasted a tiny clot no cramping though. I had another blood test and I am currently waiting on the blood test results. I am still having some symptoms of early preganancy. Is it possible that I am still pregnant, possibly that I was pregnant with twins and lost one? I feel sorry for everyone going through this but it I find comfort to know I'm not alone.
I am 17 wks 2dys pregnant with twins. I started my first bleeding at about 7wks on Dec 26, 09 thats when I found out I was actually having twins. With the first bleeding I had no pains or cramping, I thought I had urinated on myself from laughing so much. When I went to the bathroom I had a lot of bright red blood coming down and filled the toilet. The minute I got to the ER the bleeding had stopped, and the doctors had no idea why I bled the way I did. 2 wks later I bled again but only when I would wipe. I called my doctor and he saw me the next day. I still had twins and heartbeats were stong, he told me to rest my pelvic and no sex. But the days following I would wipe and had a little brown spotting. A week later I bled again, I was just so scared and demanded answers. So I called the doctor and he said that I might be miscarrying. I was put on light bed rest and was seen on Feb. 11, 2010 and still had two strong heartbeats. Till this day I worry everyday that im going to loose one of the babies or miscarry both. I feel movement (flutters) but cant help but think the worst, do I still have both or just one baby. Thankfully I have not bled since my last appointment. I have an ultrasound on March 5, 2010 which will make me 18wks 5 dys and cant wait to see if they are both ok.
by Tash
In 1998 I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I was only about 12wks when I had heavy bleeding,…cramps in my stomach like I was in labour.
I  went to the hospital straight after that And was told to wait in the waiting room at ER. I went to the toilet and a red blood clot (about the size of 50c coin) came out. (still bleeding heavy with cramps)
Once I was taken in to ER it felt like I had been waiting forever before a doctor came to see me. I cried the whole time…the only thing I could remember was my sister once saying to me, all of our children that we miscarry have gone to heaven and I just thought to myself, I’ll see my baby again, if not today then when its my time.

When I was seen the doctor she said it was highly likely I had a miscarried. She done a internal to check to see if my cervix was open. But she couldn’t find it, so she sent me to get a scan that afternoon.
I was taken to get a scan and there she my daughter her hands waving about, her heartbeat was strong. I hadn’t miscarried at all.
There was no other sack in my womb to say that I was pregnant with twins. But I often wonder if she was a twin. After all of the symptoms I had…the person who did my scan said no one knows why some ladies bleed. It just happens.

When I got to my 5month I started bleeding again on and off till she was born at 33wks. The doctors said I had placenta previa (its when the placenta  rips away from the womb) I was given steroids for baby’s lungs just in case she came early every time I went into hospital.
My daughter had a hard start in her life, she’s now a healthy 12yr old.
I had another pregnancy a few yrs later and I didn’t have any troubles carrying him.
I will pray for all of you! I stumbled on this site trying to find information for my daughter, she was told she was/is pregnant, but hcg levels weren't as high as they thought they should be. She started having mild cramping with light pink blood that changed to a brownish color, then cramping stopped but still slight bleeding, dr said to have another blood test so she did, she then had very strong cramping and bleeding with some clotting, but dr called and said hcg levels are higher, all the while she had breast tenderness, sleeplessness, and frequent urge to urinate. She took two pregnancy tests and both were positive, she is waiting impatiently for hcg results, but not wanting to get her hopes up too high. she had a miscarriage a couple of years ago and is so fearful of another, this site has been helpful and encouraging for me for her. I know how badly she wants to be a mommy! She also has had so much passiveness with the medical field, they need to be more compassionate and understanding with what you ladies are going through! Hopes and Prayers for all of you
I am 7wks3day right now and found out I was pregnant right at 4 weeks.  We had our first ultrasound at 5wk4dys and then again at 6wks3dys and then at 7wks.  I have been bleeding since 6wks and every ultrasound we have had so far has detected a heartbeat.  Although, this last one we had said that the baby was about 3 days behind schedule and the heartbeat sounded irregular.  We were devestated..  Yesterday at 7wks2days I started having bad cramping and went to the bathroom and passed some clots.  I did not have much blood accompany these just through out about an 30 minute process I think I passed maybe 5 clots the size of ping pong balls, one of them seemed to have something white attached to it.  I called my doctor and she said it just doesn't seem like I bled enough for it to be a miscarriage.  I am wondering if it was possible that I was pregnant with twins and that irregular heartbeat they were hearing was one baby's heartbeat and the echo of anothers in the background?  Is it even possible to actually pass one twin?? How would your cervix open up to allow just one to pass?  I have already prepared myself for the worst and am missing my baby already.  If anyone has any information, please post!!
I went to the doctor to have my HCS levels checked and 2 days later they were lower. I bled for about 6 days prior to the blood test and have sinc stopped bleeding. Is it possible I was pregnant with twins and lost one? I have not had cramping or passed any blood clots or anything like that? Please help if you have been through
hi all, can anyone please give me some advice??? i found out i was pregnant on 31st of october i was about 4weeks, everything was fine till 7th of november when i woke up i had deep red blood down my legs with clots in!! (sorry for graphics) It really worried me but i cleaned myself up, went to work and had nothing for the rest of the day.
I went to see my gp monday 8th november and they booked me in at the early pregnancy assesment unit to have a scan on wednesday the 10th of november. I have been for my scan and was shocked when they said they could see TWO sacks, they said 1 sack was 1mm smaller than the other and they couldnt see anything in the smaller 1 or it could just be a bubble of fluid, is that possible?? but they didnt want to say for sure it wasnt there so they booked me for another scan on the 25th of november to check. is it possible i could have lost one of the twins?? can you get a bubble of fluid that looks like an amniotic sack?? Im so confused and worried. Had a miscarriage in september and that was hard enough to deal with. just need some advice to reassure me and calm me down. if any one can help i would be very greatfull thanks kim
It is definitely possible to miscarry one twin - the lady I work with has told me her story of being pregnant and miscarrying, then falling pregnant again the following month. When she went to the doctors, instead of being 5weeks pregnant as she thought, she was actually 9 weeks. She had lost 1 twin but went on to give birth to her son, who is now 20something years old and completely healthy. I am holding onto this story as I am currently bleeding and having some serious cramps, like I would get were I having my period. I have not had any children before but at both my scans there have been 2 sacs, although they are telling me I am only around 6-7 weeks when going by last period I should be 10-11 weeks. Also GP said HCG levels were dropping. Have next u/s on Wednesday so will have to wait till then to find out, if I have miscarried or not. My husband is convinced we actually had 3 in there and have miscarried one (1GS may have had 2YS in it), but we can only wait and see. Wednesday seems like forever away.....

My hopes and thoughts go out to anyone experiencing such a thing and I pray that everything works out for you.
I am only 21 years old and just recently moved in with my boyfriend of 1 year so imagine my surprize when i had 4 positive pregnancy tests! after 2 weeks of getting used to the idea and finally telling my family and his I started bleeding on 4/6/11. I decided to wait it out before going to the hospital as I was unsure what was happening. That night I passed huge clots and one that I was sure was tissue not just clots. I went to the hospital the next day but my doctor said she could not tell whether or not I was still pregnant. She says to wait it out for 2 weeks and then come in for another ultra sound. She said I still have a possibility that I could have had 1 twin miscaraige. I was never confirmed of having twins yet, but since my boyfriend and his mother are both twins we were anticipating it. I am still bleeding but no cramps, and the flow is normal as a period. I havn't even passed anymore clots or tissue. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar case and went on to carry one of the babies to term. I have just gotten used to the idea of having a child and already am devistated to lose it! I can only imagine what people are going through that have planned their pregnancy and than miscarry...my hearts go out to all of you!!!
i misscarried on 2/16 at 13 wks and started out again on 5/6 the test came out positive only one week after we had tried to concieve (conceive). i started feeling the symptoms before i took the hpt. now at 6 wks i am spotting,no major cramps. i am very afraid to see my test results today. even if this pregnacy was not meant to be, it is still very hard to go through.
i found out on friday 30th Dec that i am pregnant. i worked it out to be around 5 weeks...HOWEVER, my last period in nov was 2 weeks late, and very heavy and painful, i done 4 pregnancy tests and they all came back neggative! but i'm now wondering if i was in the early stages of pregnancy in nov meaning it wasn't detected by home kits, and actually misscarried a baby. there are twins in both mine and my husbands families. Any suggestions on what i should do?
hi there am just wondering if you had your hormone levels checked to see if they had dropped around that time it sounds like am going through the same thing I was bleeding with cramps(passed something) went to hospital blood was taking to check hormone levels they then told me i had miscarried because my hormone levels had dropped i had a scan a day later and the baby was fine with a heartbeat (scanned showed i was 6 weeks) i go back in one week for another scan to make sure the baby is growing properly.  
Hello, if anyone could help me too i would be deeply appreciated im going out my mind not knowing whats happening with my own body...
I am 21 and through the month of jan i have been having problems such as thrush and urinary tract infections. I had a period the 30th Dec - 3rd of jan was put on antibiotics etc and being using caneston.... However last week mid antibiotics i started passing some weird stuff below, im sorry to be detailed im just scared and dont know whats going on... it was like brown sludgey thick discharge with white bits which i assume after research was tissue.... i had no belly cramps or anythin just this weird stuff coming out of me, obviously knowing somethings wrong i went to the gp, (who is dreadful) trying to explain to him time and time again he just sent me away after 4 minutes with thrush cream.... i knew i didnt have thrush i told him constantly,,,, i took a pregnancy test just to be onthe safe side, my periods are irregular and i had been on and off the pill around christmas. The tests last friday which confirmed i was pregnant as did the next one and the next one... i done a clear blue which said 1-2 weeks so time of concieved would of been around newyear... however i had a period... every pregancy calculator i input the dates say im not pregnant and i havent longed for a baby  to have a fake one.... i started bleeding saturday night... bright red blood, no clots and mild belly cramps and nausea. Bleeding wasnt really that heavy,and only lasted one day.,,, i dont know where i stand, i dont know if im still pregnant whether iv miscarried, i dont know what the hell was coming out of me that week... my gp is crap i had to force him to book me for a ultra scan to which a emergency doctor recommended when i was convinced i was miscarrying...i still havent recieved a date,,, im taking folic acid just incase as the antibiotics pescribed to me could have a effect on the baby :( surely this is not right to leave you not knowing, i understand it may be hard to see the baby on the scan but i need to know somehow... he didnt even take a blood sample...he didnt listen to me when i told him stuff was coming out of me not normal and hes not listening much now (gona get on his back tomorrow to make sure hes sent it to hospital so they can set up a date) i dont think its even worth taking more test because my hormones would still show im pregnant i think? also i feel more pregnant then i do last week... i have frequent nausea and my boobs are so sore!!! whats going on... i think maybe its possible this vanishing twin could of happened, twins run in my family... just not knowing if im still pregnant or not is a strain on my heart strings :( trying to not get your hopes up with something you think about all the time is dreadfullll.... please help if anyone can.... ive never had kids before :x
I'm not sure but I would find another doctor. Back in 2005 I was at work and started experiencing really bad cramps, I got up from my chair and noticed I was bleeding. I immediately started walking very fast to the restroom.  The cramps got worse and the bleeding got heavier.  Prior to that I had been extremely cold and couldn't warm up no matter what I did. I would sit at my desk at work with my coat on, gloves and I would still be cold. The cramps got worse and worse and I had bled so much. They called an ambulance. I was definitely pregnant but I was about 3 or 4 weeks pregnant at the time. I had sat on the toilet in the bathroom and blood was everywhere. I heard something go splat in the toilet very loudly and without thinking I flushed the toilet. I was terrified that I had lost the baby. I heard the heart beat at the doctor's office and he told me there was only one baby. After about 2 days. I learned I was still pregnant. I stated HOW. I recently found out that it was vanishing twin syndrome.  I never even knew that I had miscarried a twin. My father was an identical twin and twins do run a lot in my family. I was truly disappointed but I am glad I have a wonderful daughter who is 6 years old but she desperately feels the need to have a sibling.  I hope you find another doctor. It does sound like vanishing twin syndrome.  This is all new to me and now that I know I will definitely pay close attention if I get pregnant again.
On apr. 3 I got a possative hpt w my first urin in the morn. Went to the doc later that day took a pee test it came up neg. So he did a blood test  my hcg leavel was at 10 whitch they said was neg. So I tested tge next morn.first thing got 3 possative hpt w the same urin . So I called my doc he said come back in 2 wks and take it easy . Well before 2 wks came along on the 8 I started to have a lil brown dishcharge I freaked out ask around everyone said it was prib old blood abd I was fine abd I had no cramping I felt fine so it continued for three days and by the 12 I started to cramp but not like when I had a period it felt like something was squeezing my uteres and tge browb stuff got thicker and then started to bleed . I did call my doc cause it was the wk end and I wasnt bleeding much . I layed down took it easy and I passed a few small clots . Called my doc on monday he said come in so I did . He  said I misscarried so I went home sad . Then the next mm woke up still bleeding didnt feel preg any more . The bleeding last 3 days it wasnt very heavy bleeding . then about a wk later my stomach hadnt went down and yes I know u usally dontshow at 7 wks but I have a pretty flat tummy so I seem to show sooner I guess. Any wways but I still didnt feel preg so I took a hpt and it came back neg . Its been two wks since I misscaried or thought I did still neg test I havent went to the doc scared of wat he will say I guess and I realy cant afford an u/s but now I feel preg and my tummy keeps growing and I feel little paibs in my uters like I did befor . So I need help is there anyone eles out there that gas had this happen ...???
Hi everyone my name is brandi. To tell you the truth I dont know if I am pregnant or not but showing the signs or pregnancy bigger than day. My husband had a vasectomy about 6-7 years ago when he was with his second wife. There is a possibilty that it has reversed itself and we dont know. I have had 4 miscarriages since I have been with him in a 2 year period. Well the thing is. is that about 4 days ago I started cramping really bad and had the light pink spotting and then had that bright red bleeding in the toliet well when I went to wipe I had a huge blood clot on the toliet paper. Is there a possiblity that I was pregnant with twins and only lost. I have been trying to get in to see an ob but they wont take me unless they know if I am pregnant or not. I have gone to the doctor have had blood work done and urine test done and they have come back negative. So can someone please tell me if I could possibly still be pregnant and only lost one. I have a 2 year old little boy and I never went through anything like this with him when I was pregnant with him. I need HELP to figure this one out..
Hi, I recently miscarried and I had no idea I was even pregnant. (I was feeling nauseous, dizzy and tired, but I thought I was getting sick.) I was only a couple of days late for my period but when it started on 1/09/13, it was heavier than usual and it was only bright red blood. On 1/12/13 I passed a small gray lump of tissue a little bigger than a peanut. After that all the symptoms disappeared besides slight cramping. It was only a couple days ago but I'm still feeling nauseated. Twins run in my family, is it possible that it could have baan a vanishing twin?

hi iam 5 weeks preggie on sunday i started bleeding then it comes to haven clots then pains .... i been to hospital sunday and monday they said i might be loosing my baby.... then today wed the 16/10/2013... i went to get a better scan then the dam hospital and she told me iam still preggie hda the sacs and there was a lil dot then i went to my GP she saidi was haven twins.... but iam still bleeding and clots she wants me go back to her in 2 weeks