MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
HcG not showing up on urine test, but still pregnant?
by cranberry_spider, Dec 29, 2005
If I were to be pregnant, I would be about 12 1/2 wks along...but the thing is, I've had "normal" periods until yesterday. Yesterday was like an hour of very very very ligt bleeding...almost non existent. I've taken 4 urine tests(two in Oct and two after christmas) and they are all neg...I've only had sex the one time in Oct. (oh, and i am over 18, so im not some confused high school girl). I was just wondering if it is possible to be 3 mos pg and still test neg on the urine test...im thinking about getting a blood test, but i dont want to get one if i dont really need one.
Member Comments (27)
by royal76, Dec 29, 2005
I'm going to say no, it's not possible. The only way to be 100% sure is to have a blood test.  Good luck.
by cutiemama, Dec 29, 2005
That would be highly unusual after 3 months to test negative. You should definitely have your blood taken.
by Harleygrl, Dec 29, 2005
Why do you think you are pregnant if you have been having "normal" periods?
by kissyrox, Dec 29, 2005
This is just my opinion but I say not a chance. Some women do have what they see as periods during preg. Very abnormal though but they know there preg due to postitive hcg test followed by a pos blood test. I think we can worry are selves silly if we are not careful. I also know it takes only one time but that is for the lucky, Oh yeah and teenagers. I think though your probably not expecting. sorry. Good luck to you though.
by MOM-of-3, Dec 29, 2005
It is possible to be pregnant and have period, with period during pregnancy, urine tests are usually negative.
by Harleygrl, Dec 29, 2005
There is bleeding during some pregnancies but not periods. Often times women will think they are having a light period when it is actually implantation bleeding etc. Some women will bleed somewhat up to 4 months of pregnancy, lightly but it is not a period. Since there is no ovualtion taking place there is no actual shedding of the uterine lining in preperation for the following months cycle to start all over again.
by cranberry_spider, Dec 29, 2005
I read on some official medical website that it is possible, yet rare, to have menstration throughout pregnancy. I said "normal" because my periods used to be excruciating, and now they're bearable...although i dont know if yesterdays even counts as a period...lol.
by mslkpage, Dec 29, 2005
The amount of flow, cramping, bloating,etc. can vary in your cycles. If your AF's are more bearable, then I think it's just hormonal changes that can happen to any woman. If you conceived in October, it would show up on a hpt by now.
by waterskigirl, Dec 29, 2005
I had a period at 12 weeks, but it is more common with my condition, I have a heart shaped uterus where technically only one side is pregnant, since I was so far along they did an ultrasound to check the baby and saw that my "un-pregnant" side was shedding its lining.

But I had a BFP the day before AF was supposed to show up, so sorry, but I doubt you are pregnant.