Maternal & Child Community
Head/baby position and 3rd trimester quick questions.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Head/baby position and 3rd trimester quick questions.

What week does the third trimester begin, is it the 26th week? I know it's my second, but would you believe I can't remember diddly!
And also, when does the baby move into the head down position? For some reason, I am scared to death this baby won't flip into position, even though I had no problems w/ my first daughter...Just a few quick questions, thanks!
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That trimester stuff always confuses me.

The baby can pretty much turn head down at any time.
If you find out he is head down and you want to make sure he stays there heres a few things you can do........squats daily, sit on a therapy (yoga) ball as much as possible, dont recline back when you sit, get on all 4's as much as possible.

If he is breech (late in the game) some things that I did that seemd to turn him head down that worked for me(he was breech at 32 weeks)......handstands in a swimming pool, went to a chiropracotr and had the Websters technique done, did the tilt board on an ironing board daily, something cold by his head in a warm bath...Im not sure which one worked for me but one of them did  
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
The third trimester begins at week 27.  It feels like it takes forever but I'm so glad to be here.
Blank
OH, ok...I have 3 weeks to go!
Blank
I heard that 3rd trimester begins at 28wks...

Babies can honestly flip anytime, even at the last minute. I know not very comforting right?!? You might be sitting and waiting for a while or your baby might do what mine has done. Once she went heads down shes stayed that way.... but it's not over yet so she might flip again....Although I'm having a c section so it's not as important to me i suppose.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
It starts when you are 28 weeks.  
Blank
I wish I had asked the u/s tech when I had my u/s a months ago...I bet he could've told me...I never thought to ask! When I go for my next appt w/ my mdwf, I'll ask her...I bet she could feel around my belly and tell me where her head is!  

so it's 28 weeks...I have another month than :)
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
The third trimester is from 27 - 42 weeks.  You only have 3 weeks.
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
I guess it depends, some say 27 weeks and other places say 28 weeks.  I have a baby book that says 27 weeks.  Who knows.
Blank
Well, I'm close anyway..I swear the nurse at the doc. office I go to said 26 weeks, but that sounded too soon...That's why I asked, it is confusing! thanks anyways!
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
27 or 28...depends on where ya read or who tells you!

My baby was head down at 21 weeks and has been ever since. Some babies don't go til right before they're born (a majority of them are that way, I think)

Blank
Yes most of them turn head down and stay there.
However sometimes they will be head down early on then flip. Both of mine did that.
My first did it at 38 weeks, then it was to late (supposedly) to do anything about it.
This one was head down and flipped at 32 weeks but I caught it enough time to get him to flip back.
When you start getting your internal exams, or next time you have an ultrasound they can check. They can also check by palpitation. .
Blank
184024_tn?1272337679
I've heard it starts at 27 weeks. If that's the case, then I only have a week and half left. :-) I know my doctor said my little boy was head down at 23 weeks, and I'm hoping he'll stay that way.
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
It doesn't matter a bit.  They go by weeks for all matters concerning pregnancy.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...