Heard heartbeat with doppler but negative hpt?
My dh and I were TTC last summer and fall and decided to take a break b/c of our lack of success and since then I have noticed little things that made me think I may be pregnant (feeling sick to my stomach, being tired a lot, gaining weight even though I have been working very hard to lose it, feeling movement that I passed off as just gas or something) and have taken a few HPT's and they were always negative.
Well, I have a close friend who is 7 months pregnant and rented an at home baby doppler from baby beats and she brought it over to my house a few days ago and I listened to her baby's heartbeat which was pretty cool. I then was like I want to see if I can hear my heartbeat and put it on my chest and it was in the 60's and low 70's (jumped around...this doppler doesn't show an average..). Just for the heck of it I put it on my stomach and I could hear and see a heartbeat in the mid 160's and 170's. I was shocked! I did this several times making sure it wasn't a fluke.
I had a left over test and went and took it and it was negative...
My OB couldn't make me an appt. until this coming up Thursday so I went to a pregnancy clinic and explained the situation and I wanted them to give me an ultrasound (I knew that had an ultrasound machine). They gave me a urine test which came up negative and they said it's their policy to not give an ultrasound unless the test is positive.
I am SO sorry this is so long..I just wanted to explain the whole situation. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen. I would really appreciate any answers. Thank you so much!

*side note: the extra weight I am trying to lose is in my stomach and so it would help "conceal" getting bigger b/c of a baby.
Wow! I sure hope you're pregnant, honey! I have heard other people say that they got negative results but were in fact pregnant. I'm glad you're getting in to see the doctor soon. What kind of doppler did your friend have, the kind the doctors use? Those are more sensitive.  It could be easy to mistake the sound to someone who might not be used to looking for a heartbeat.  But I sure hope you are pregnant. Good luck!
Thanks for your support! It is a medical grade doppler...and I sure wouldn't know exactly what to listen for but it does have the display screen that shows the heartbeat and if you turn the volume up you can hear a heart beating! It's all so strange to me, I can't wait to go to the dr!
I know how excited you must be! Good luck, and I really hope you ARE pregnant!
I hope that you are pregnant. However when I was pregnant I got an early ultrasound and heard a very quick woosh woosh woosh that was in the upper numbers and got really excited and asked if it was the baby and they said no that it was my ovaries or something weird like that. If doctors are refusing an ultrasound maybe do a blood test to confirm the pregnancy.
Have you been getting your periods? If not when was your last one?
I have not had a normal period..I have had some bleeding but not normal ...BUT my cycle is not regular and I did have some bleeding when I was pregnant with my son who is now 3.
Have the Dr's done a blood test?  What kind of urine tests have you done?
I have not been to the doctor yet simply b/c all of my urine tests have been coming back negative and just saw a heartbeat with my friend's doppler a few days ago..I have my appt on Thursday and I feel sure they are going to do a blood test. The clinic I went to didn't offer blood tests. I have taken clearblue and first response at home. I'm not sure what kind the one at the clinic was, I never saw it.
A blood test would be more definitive if you can get one. It is possible that for whatever reason, it was malfunctioning or that it was picking up something else. Of course, there is always the possibility you are pregnant but the tests are not picking it up, but if you were far enough along to hear a hb on a doppler, it would be highly unusual not to have a positive urine test?? All the best...hope you get the results you want!
hi... when my mom had me she had taken 5 hpt and all said negative. so she went to her dct. and they gave her 3 urine test all negative. but then she took two blood test the first was negative and the second was positive and when she found out she was pregnant she was 3 mnths along... every woman is different. i enfact didnt find out i was pregnant untill i was 3 months.... hope that may help some.
I have the same ,the bad thing is that
I am almost due and can not get a doctor or clinic to
give me the heart monitor test......I Got a doppler  heart monitor with a
recorder and will video tape myself recording the heart beat as proof.

you should do the same and bring it to a new OBGYN with a lap top to
play it on as proof.

CAC
Same thing so I went to 3D/4d place. They couldn't find anything besides a black mass hole. Couldn't find heartbeat there!! Or baby. Then they saw something and said if this was a baby it was deformed with no spine. I felt kicks and movements alway there. Crazy