Heart Rate mean boy or girl?
I know websites do say that a higher or lower heart rate does not determine gender, however, I have only had boys who had heart rates of under 150 (usually around 142). My u/s showed a 9 week fetus with a heart rate of 167. Is it too much to hope it might just be a girl? :)
Just wondering what your baby's heart rates have been/are and if you are having a boy or a girl.
My baby started at 170 and now at 30 weeks is at 140 (girl).
Hi there!  My baby's heart rate was 170 @ 10 wks.  At 16 wks it was 150.  My husband believes that because it dropped that much that it is a boy, but I won't find out until Dec. 3.  I think it's a girl though!  We'll see!  Good luck!
CYW
mine was at 160 whe i was 16 weeks and at full term he was 150..it was a  boy so.. hmm who knows...thelower the heartbeat ever went was 146 so...i dont think its true and my OB told me that ALL babies heartbeats are quicker up until they are about 32 weeks...that's usually when it can be more accurate..the heartbeats are fast before 32 weeks because they continue to develop at such a fast rate so..best of luck..like i said my son was never lower than 146 so...its not accurate to me
Heart rates fluctuate based on what the baby is doing. If it is moving around than the heartbeat is usually faster where as if the baby is sleeping its a lot slower. Mine has a heart rate of usually at about 134 when she is sleeping and 154 when she is excited and active. Also when the baby is younger the heart beat tends to be higher as well. At 8 weeks it was 173 and then went down.
I too agree that the hearbeat is an inconclusive way to determine gender. My daughters never went below 160 at my oppoinments, but than neither did my friends sons'. I hope you have a girl tho that wold be really neat after having two boys. ****fingers crossed for you *****
my baby started with a heartrate always above 165. around 14 weeks it dropped, and has stayed in the range of 145-150. i have a doppler, and check every so often, and it rarely goes higher than 150. im having a boy.  
my first babies was consistantly in the 120's to low 130's, shes a girl,
my second babies was consistantly in the mid 160's, shes also a girl, so for me the trick didnt work
Too bad that trick does not work :( I have four boys who are older and always wanted a girl. Of course, a healthy baby is what is important but I've always wished for a girl so that I can do the whole pink dresses, frilly girl thing :)
CYW
teehee thats cute well keep ur head hgh never know good luck
Here's to hoping it is a girl! My DH calls the baby she already but I cautioned him that it could very well be a boy!! :) We have our girl's name picked out but...a boy's name..that will be much harder!!
My baby's heart rate was 165 my entire pregnancy. When I went for the ultrasound to find out what I was having to my surprise it was a boy! Come to find out he was movin and grovin so much in my stomach that it kept his heart rate up higher than normal for a boy....so good luck to you!
For both of my daughters the heart rate was between 150 - 160 the entire time.
My baby's heart rate was consistently in the upper 150's throughout the pregnancy, and I was positive it was a girl... it was a boy :)
for my daughter her rate was always 141.  Like clockwork the same everytime.
I am having a girl and my babies heartrate was 169 and 170.  At my 20 week ultrasound when they told me the sex her heartrate was 150.  So the old wive tale was correct for me.  I have two boys also and there heartrate was in the 140's with both of them
At my first ultrasound appt my baby's heartrate was 149. I'm hoping and praying for a girl, but I will love a boy just as much. I find out at the end of September. A friend of mine had her ultrasound and she is positive its going to be a girl. That heartrate was 177.