Heart beat at 8 weeks...Normal?
cdw
Hi. I had my scan yesterday and I am showing 8.5 weeks according to the measurements. My concern is the heart rate. The baby's heart rate was 188. Is that normal for this gestational age? I thought the heart rate sh/b between 120-160. The tech said..oh, no looks good. I didn't get the best feeling from her and don't see the DR until next week. As some have read in other posts, I had m/c's in past prior 3yrs fertility tx. I have never been so nervous b/c this baby conceived on own. I am trying to stay balanced in my life to help this pregnancy...well, it's hard. Any info ladies?
From what I understand, a lot of things can cause the HR to go up... like, if you just ate, drank caffeine, stress... just like it raises ours. I would not be concerned yet. See what it is the next visit and just make sure your doctor is aware of the rate. Hope that helps some.
cmn
That HB sounds pretty good to me, my babies heartrate when i was 9 weeks was at 164-174. They all very and they will eventually slow down, my babies heatrate has gone down to a steady 140.
I am currently 25 weeks and when I was 7w 2d her heartrate was 177 and all is good !  Maybe your having a girl !!
When I was PG with my daughter.. Her heart rate was high.. It usually ran 170-180's.. Even when I first found I was pregnant.. Everyone kept saying it was a girl, and it was..lol. She is here now, she's 14 weeks old and doing great!! Try not to worry yourself, if the tech thought something was wrong he would of contacted your doctor right then.. I's sure everything is fine! GL to you!
I know it sounds crazy but with both of my children my grandmother told me what I was having by the heart rate.  She said higher heart rates are girls and lower are boys and she was correct with both of my children, she told me what I was having just by what the heart rate was.
i went in for my ultra sound at 7 weeks.. baby's heartbeat was 180. I was also nervous about it so I asked the tech (who I trust) she said that they consider a heartbeat anywhere between 100-200 beats per minute to be in the "normal range" but she said that it's been her experience (14 years or something like that) that you can usually predict the viability of a pregnancy that early by the heartbeat... she said the higher the better and 180 was excellent... so if I were you I wouldn't worry about it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :o)
I hate to burst the gender guess bubble, but both of my boys had very high heart rates throughout my pregnancies. I was foolish enough to fall for that wives tale with my first son and was quite stunned when we found out he was a boy. I knew better the next time around : )

Andrea
Sounds good to me. With me, at 8 wks the hb was at 167, 9 wks 177 and I am currently almost 21 weeks. And I'm a "burst your bubble" one too on the wives tale. I'm having a boy. Congratulations to you!
Debra
cdw
Thanks to all!! I do feel better after reading all your posts. It's amazing how your mind can race away with crazy ideas!! I'll let you know next week what the HB is beating at. Again, Thanks.
Fast hb that early I fine, when I was that far I had one that was 178 bpm.  Jenni
my babys heart rate was 188 at the first ultrasound at n8ine weeks two days. super anxious to find out what im having but, we will see how the heart rate on weds when i have my next appt!!!! I was worried to abt the heart rate but the doctor said the baby is more then healthy.
Mine Today at 7wks 1day was 114
Im 7wks one day today and my babies heart rate was only 114 so yours being that makes me scared i have had two m/c in a row.