Maternal & Child Community
Heart pain-- is this pregnancy related?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart pain-- is this pregnancy related?

I am 15 weeks pregnant.  I felt that I was out of the woods and the pregnancy is safe, but yesterday I got really scared.  I had 6 episodes of really bad chest pains.   It feels like my heart is tightening and fighting to pump. It lasts about 10 seconds or so.  I am only 32 and in good health (I walk 2-3 miles a day and eat OK).   This happened 6 times yesterday. I called my primary Dr, but thephone was busy all day.  

I don't know if I should call my OB.   I know pregnancy increases your blood volume by 50% or so so I guess my heart is working harder.   But I don't want to waste my OB's time if it has nothing to do with my baby.  

Everytime it happens, afterwards my heart aches for a little while.  

Has anyone had heart problems related to pregnancy?   I am frightened.   I can feel it isn't gone today, my heart feels aching, but I have not had a pain episode.   I think I may go to the ER if I have another one, though.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!!  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
If you are seriously frightened and concerned, go right to the ER.

If you are just unsure about what to do, call your doctors office #, and there should be instructions on what to do to get ahold of the doctor--there is usually an answering service that will have the doctor call you right back to talk to you, even on weekends.

Blank
177988_tn?1266802499
Lea- (great name I'm using Leah for my DD)- If I were you I would get checked out ASAP.  I know that heartburn can be common in pregnancy but that doesnt sound to me like your issue.  I would call our OB and get an after hours # or head straight to the hospital which is likely what he/she will tell you to do anyway.  Take care and keep us posted.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank