Maternal & Child Community
Heart problems and pregnancy & some good news.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart problems and pregnancy & some good news.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have had heart problems while pregnant?? I have been having some issues that the doctors are checking out. I had a echocardiogram done today and I have to wear a heart monitor like 24/7 except when I'm in the shower to record any heart issues when I feel them. I'm just waiting the results and wondering if anyone else has had issues and what they did for them. I'm 25wks now. I'm already high risk without heart issues. Of course I'm worried about my little girl. Any response is welcome thanks.

I do have good news though. I had a U/S yesterday and the u/s tech was shocked to see my little girl making breathing motions on her own, regular breathing movements... not sporadic. She showed me on the screen too. I thought that was sooo awesome. She says it's possible at 24wks, but hardly ever seen till around 28wks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had the same thing with my heart. I had a heart monitor and soo many tests done. Then I had to see a nationally known cardiologist. he said its normal! So I was like I went through all this for NOTHING!!!! Hope everything si ok with you!!

Congrats on her breathing on her own. Little miss independent already!!!
Blank
147803_tn?1234403260
Not sure about the heart problem, so I cannot help you there, but congrats on her practice breathing! I didnt see my baby do that until the day she was born! That is a good sign! Like the last poster said..."Little Miss Independent'!
Blank
what is going on with your heart? is there a specific name to whats going on ?
what are you feeling?? what are your symptoms?

I have a heart thing as well.. it did affect me more when i was pregnant.. but.. it wasnt a big deal.. believe me.. i bete you are just fine...  my cardiologist told me that at my age.. my heart thing is no big deal..

i bet yours is no big deal as well...
Blank
I have been having minor issues myself with my pulse rate, its been high.  My doctor is referring me to a cardiologist next week.  She says not to worry she is just playing it safe ???  Good thing is I am 33 weeks so if push comes to shove and they have to take the baby early becuz of it I am pretty positive things will be fine.

Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank