Maternal & Child Community
Heartbeat Changed in One Day?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heartbeat Changed in One Day?

Everyday (or every other day) I listen to the babies heartbeat to reassure myself that everything is fine. Since I'm not 12 weeks I figured that the chance of miscarriage is very slim since I'm going to be out of the first trimester next week. Yesterday when I listened to the babies heartbeat it was at 169 (which its been at this whole week) and then tonight in was at 156. It took almost a 1/2 and hour to hear it tonight when usually I can find it right away. I just want to know if its normal... could the baby have been sleeping and that's why it was lower or do you think I should call my doctor in the morning?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This is very normal and no cause for alarm.  A healthy baby can have a heartrate between 120-180 with no problems.  If you use the doppler again, it will probably give you another number.

I am 34 weeks and had a non-stress test at my doctor's office yesterday.  Within a half hour the heartbeat was anywhere from 134-160.  The hb was going up as my baby moved and went down as she lay still.

You have nothing to worry about.
Blank
It is very common for a fetal heart rate to drop or jump 10-15bpms at any time. They have resting and active heart rates as well just like we do. As for not finding it... don't fret about that. When I was 22 or 23wks I was looking for her heart beat on a doppler one day and it took me a bit to find it... She was hiding as big as she is.
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
It is 100% normal for the heartrate to change like that. In fact, when it doesn't change it there is more reason for concern! :) Don't worry!
Blank
15480_tn?1302533402
This is totally normal. When I was pregnant the heartbeat would range anywhere from 125-165.  It depends what the baby is doing. She is probably sleeping when it is lower. Good luck to you!!!
Blank
187316_tn?1386360282
Oh okay thank you so much! I honestly thought that something was wrong! I didn't want to run to the doctor though because I seem to bother him with everything these days! :D
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank