Maternal & Child Community
Heartrate and blood pressure.... what do you all think?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

What do you guys think of these rates. I'm already high risk so I watch my blood pressure, heart rate, and I have to check my sugar often. I checked my blood pressure and heart rate today and it is as follows:
Blood pressure: 94/64
Heart rate: 113
What do u guys think about those lvls. I'm honestly tired of feeling like my heart is racing. It does it alot when I'm doing nothing or maybe right after I eat. I thought my blood pressure was low, but I don't know. At first in my early pregnancy it was too high, now it seems to run low. I just wanted to see what you guys thought. I see my OB next Wednesday.
i'm certainly no expert, but your blood pressure does seem low. is it normally that low? and your pulse rate is high, but again, is it normally high? my normal bp is 110/68, and during the pregnancy it has been a steady 120/70.
my heart rate is normally very fast, and it has not changed during pregnancy. my average pulse rate is 100, even when resting and watching TV. my OB sent me to a cardiologist to find out why my heart is so fast. you may want to consider doing the same thing. any chance you're dehydrated? apparently that cause cause your heart rate to increase and your bp to drop. they're trying to see if that's the case with me.
I have to say.. t hat your rates and blood pressure seems just fine... my blood pressure was about 95/55 during my pregnancy up until the last few weeks... the heart rate .. well.. that seems retty normal as well..

when you have your next appointment.. bring it up to your doc.. the heart rate during pregnancy does go up.. i can remember with my first pregnancy.. my heart rate was around the same... my doctor at that time was not concerned...

what was your blood pressure BEFORE your pregnancy?  what does your BP normally run?  these are things to keep a mental note of when you talk to your doc.. If i were you.. i wouldnt worry... however... you arent me..lol.. so.. if you are still concerned.. please talk to your doc about it!! heck.. dont stress!! call him so that you wont stress out about it!
My BP normally runs before pregnancy 120/80. My heart rate probably ran 75 or 80.
Heart disease does run in my family so I will say something. My doctor has also had to save a lady with her twins and then schedule open heart surgery immediately cause the aeorta in her heart ripped when she was about 30 some wks pregnant i think.
I am 33 weeks and saw the cardiologist yesterday due to a high pulse rate.  I saw my OB on tuesday and I mentioned the shortness of breath and he took my pulse and sent me on b/c it was around 120.  My blood pressure that day was 104/58...I thought it seemed low but the nurse said it was good.  I always have a fairly low blood pressure and high pulse.

Anyway, yesterday at the cardiologist both the nurse and the Dr. made the comment when I told them why I was that being pregnant does make the pulse faster.  He explained something about cardiac output increasing by up to 40% at this stage in pregnancy.  He still had me wear a 24 Holter monitor, which I just took off and is having me do an Echo on Tuesday just to be sure there isn't any new structural problems.  Very, very rarely in pregnancy you can go into congestive heart failure or develop something called cardiomyopathy which causes an enlarged heart.  He said women, especially around child bearing age and older often times have strange electrical impulses in the heart which causes missed beats and palpitations.  He said said it is so common in women and most of the time not dangerous, as long as it originates above ventricular and it is called an SVT.  I have had these sensations for the past 9 year....I am now 32.  

He didn't seemed all that alarmed by my heart rate.  It was 107 when the did my EKG.  He thought it was fairly normal for my stage in pregnancy.  He said if I notice sudden swelling or have increased thirst to follow up, but as long as my tests were normal, I wouldn't hear from them again.

If you are worried, talk to your doctor and you could probably have those tests done for peace of mind.  My doctor was just being overly cautious I think.  He said since labor and delivery puts a strain on your heart, he just wanted to be 100% sure it was fine.