Maternal & Child Community
Heat and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Heat and pregnancy

I am in the dessert right now and it is 135 to 140 degrees everyday.  I also carry about 45 extra lbs of gear.  I just found out I am 5 weeks.  Am I going to hurt the baby?
Avatar n tn
i would take it easy. stay hydrated untill you can ask your dr.
Avatar n tn
Yes drink plenty of liquids!! Do not over exert yourself especially in those temperatures the first three months are the most important (well so are the rest)
get someone else to carry the gear
My question is what are you doing out there??How did you find out you were pregnant in the dessert??
I am intrigued too...what is this gear you carry?  Yeah, the first three months are pretty sensitive and you don't want to miscarry.  If it's for work that you have to carry the gear, your doc shoudl give you a note to get out of it.
Avatar n tn
are you in the military?