Maternal & Child Community
Hello

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello

Hi. My name is Jen and I am a Registered Nurse for 6 years now and I work in L&D and stumbled across this site.  It's nice to see some opinions being voiced out here! I am in the process of getting over a loss and just thought I'd introduce and say a hello to everyone.
Avatar n tn
Hello, welcome, and I am sorry for your loss.  This is a great group of ladies (and the occasional gent stumbles into here) and I am sure you will feel right at home.

I am also L&D!  So I am glad to have another RN here to help with the labor advice.

Glad to meet you!
Avatar n tn
WELCOME!  It's going to be extra nice having 2 L & D  nurses here to help us....Christie's been absolutely wonderful with her advice..she goes above and beyond the call of duty to answer our questions. Christie, it'll be nice for you as well, because now you won't be so bombarded with all of our issues.
Avatar n tn
I just posted below, how wonderful it is to have you here Christie!! We are certainly lucky to have you too Jen!! Thanks guys!! Shannon

PS~ I also posted in the open forum about the spina bifida test and the AFP, if you guys have any advice..Thanks!!
Avatar n tn
Thank you guys for the warm welcome.  It's very nice to be able to discuss things.  Christie it's so nice to meet someone who knows the whole L&D way of life.  I love my job but it definitely takes a special type to be a labor nurse don't you think? So nice to meet all of you.  I look forward to hearing more.  Jen
Avatar n tn
Nope! I am the one who is losing my mind! LOL I posted it in the Need Help, I am really stressed forum. Sorry! Thanks in Advance!! Shannon
Avatar n tn
I don't see your question in the Open Forum?  I must be getting more senile by the minute!
Avatar n tn
Hey There,
           Welcome to the board.. Nice meeting you and hope to talk to you soon.. Im very very sorry for your lose.. As myself went threw a lose last year in september.. But we are finally back to trying again.. I hope you enjoy yourself in here.. Im sure that you will.. We have a wonderful group of ladies here.. Have Fun =)

~*Chloe*~
Avatar n tn
Hi Ya Jen,
           Nice to have you join us we need a few good people lol well everyone here has been great and know christie is glad to have someone here to help with the more medical details that the rest of us might not have any clues about well ttyl and good luck...Oh and sorry about your loss:(
Avatar n tn
Thank you both for your warm welcome too.  Melissa, I know the wait feels like 4ever, but trust me when I say if you're dilating already your body is already starting to do the hard work and you'll be very thankful when you're in full labor that some of the work is already done.  Good luck and it'll be over soon.  Jen.