Maternal & Child Community
Help - Question about Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Help - Question about Clomid

My doctor put me on clomid and told me to take them on cycle days 5-9.  That was about 2 weeks ago... my period was late, so now I can finally start.

So here's my question, since it's been so long, I can't remember when he said to start BD again.  

Does taking clomid 'make' you ovulate on a specific time frame? And do I start BD right after my period ends?  

I haven't started taking it yet, I just called my doctor to confirm.  He confirmed ovulation can be anywhere from days 14-19 and that you should start BD starting on day 12.  BDing every day isn't bad and those who do so everyday increase their chances by 15%.  

So, we'll see how it goes.  I wish you luck, and myself!

Also, I went to www.webmd.com... there are open forums from doctors who were online and answered questions, that's where I read about it.
That webmd thing is telling me I am fertile CD15-18.  Which is about what I thought with a 31 day cycle.  So we shall see.  Thanks for the help with that.
No problem.  

My doctor said that clomid basically makes you ovulate around days 14-18, and it's important to start trying starting around day 12, regardless of how long your cycle is.  He said if you are trying to track when you ovulate and you think it's after day 19, that you are probably tracking it incorrectly and that would be abnormal(since the norm is obulation between days 14-18).

You know I was wondering the same thing.  I dont really know that answer to that one but I am on Clomid myself and I took it days 3-7.  I think I O'ed last month but I am not certain.  I hope you get some answers.  I wish I could be of more help.  GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks for the info.  I did not know that.  So I should start BD tonite then cause I am on CD12.  Oh good, I am not outta the game yet then.  I still have some hope.  So BD every other day you said right?  Or someone did.  I dont know why but for some reason I feel like this might be my month!  I hope that feeling is right.
CAN YOU GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE SITE?? A link perhaps??
here is a really good website http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/clomid.htm

I took my clomid from cd2-6 and I ovulated on cd 15 the first month, the second month I didn't ovulate but the third, I ovulated on cd 14. I am now 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

my dr told me to bd 3 times/week (or every second day starting went af ended until the next af started or until I got a BFP)

*a little bit of a warning*
I KNEW when I was ovulating both times that I ovulated on clomid because I had REALLY bad ovulation pains. I took tylenol menstrual or pamprin for the pain. You may not have any pain, as everyone reacts differently.

Take Care
I got those really bad pains last month.  So I must have been Oing at the time.  It lasted about 3 or 4 days then quick all of a sudden.  I called the doctors office and they said it was either a cyst or I was Oing and if the pain got unbearable to go to the ER.  Well I am starting to fel some little twinges again like its coming.  Nothing bad yet.  But it happened last month starting like CD13.  Thanks for the site.  I will check it out.

STICKY BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!  I hope to get my BFP next month!!
I just found a article on another site that said if you take clomid on days 5-9 that you should expect to ovulate between days 14 - 18.  So, I've charted it, and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for following up, and good luck to you too.  Let's see what happens next! :)
Hello, I took clomid to concieve (conceive) our son and succeeded but unfortunately our son passed away from SIDS on Mother's Day 2007. Can anyone please tell me if Clomid has any link to causing SIDS? My friend told me that her doctor told her that there is a link between the two. If there is any links that can prove her to be right or prove her to be wrong please let me know. My email address is ***@**** thanks, a concerned mom