Here's a link that is close to my heart as my son died of SIDS June 17th 2006. Please read.
Reasearch has shown that SIDS is no longer a mystery.

www.firstcandle.org
I am so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine the pain.
Thank you for sharing that, it is very informative.
Thanks for sharing that information,im sure a lot of people will find it very informative,i know i did,im so sorry that you lost your beautiful son.
thank you for including such an informative link.  you are living my nightmare, i am so sorry you are going through this.
Thankyou ladys.

The research came 8months and 3wks late for me. I just posted this in the co-sleeping thread.

I already knew the risk of SIDS before i let my son sleep with us, but becaurse of all the factors i meantioned, his age 10months,strenth and the fact he was my thrid and last child, i thought he would not be at risk.

I never thought i would be in that 23% of SIDS by co-sleeping.But reading the research, it makes sence to me. I feel i should put the word out,so you will have a chance and not make the mistake that i made.

Thankyou also for your kind words on my new baby. It has given me something to look forward to, i think it took the miscarridge to make me realise i was not betraying my beautiful son.
my son passed from sids as well.. im so sorry to hear of your loss. will go and read the site you posted.
I read about the site.. i found it very informative... but i also think that my sons shots he got were partly to blame.. who knows.. its scary not really having all the answers..

god bless
Hi girl,
I'm so happy for you that your current pregnancy is progressing perfectly, yet I'm so saddened to hear about your son :-(  I bet it takes enourmous strength and courage to get over that and I'm really sorry about your loss.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for this one!!!
I am so sorry for your loss also.

I don't know what to say? How are you doing?
well.. to be honest.. i think about Richard all the time.. I worry about this baby so much .. currently in my 37th week.. i check on all my kids at night.. to make sure they are breathing.. even  my 16 year old.. i know it sounds strange..lol.. i call my older children... all the time.. i worry alot about them.. but i try not to show it too much.. they know how i am though.. so they are very patient and understanding..

how are you ? you ok ?? im  here if you ever need an ear..we all are.. almost all of us have lost precious babies...

so very sorry for your loss..
Wish these threads would bump up!

I remember you taking about your son now on another thread,(a while ago) sorry, i should take more notice of peoples names.

No it doesn't sound werid, checking on your kids while they sleep or don't. I do it all the time also. Before i lost Curtis,never in my wildest dreams did i ever think this would happen to me? My 3 children were all very good sleepers. I feel guilty about that? They were all put into a rotine and it worked well for all of us.
I feel guilty about everything i did or didn't do and death is in mind constantly now?
I felt like i needed another baby stright away when he died, then when i got pg, it was only 3months after he died and baby was due 5 days after Curtis died. I felt bad, like i was replacing him,it was too soon, i suffered anxiety and panic attacks, the whole 11wks i was pg i was distord.
After i m/c, i realised no-one could ever take his place,its very hard to get your head around, but ifeel like it will help me and my family to get on with life (if you know what i mean) I will never get over it just learn to live with it. I think i was in shock for about 6 months. Not Knowing how why he died is also very hard to except, how can such a healthy,strong bot die, for no reason?
I relieve that day over and over. 5am when we found him dead lieing on his back. He looked so peasefull, just like he was sleeping, still warm to the touch. When i picked him up, i thought i heared him grown.
I thought he was unconsious. We were on a camp site, i ran over to my friends tent for help. She did her best the ambalance came quick. I watched while they stuck a needle into his knee, he didn't flintch. I couldn't believe it. We were on a weekend break,my other two boys were watching from the tent.I was taken to the hospital, where the police, peditaican and the top childrens professor in the Uk were on sence stright away.
You ladies are very strong...i'm sorry to hear about your losses.  
The list goes on. It's all a nightmear as im sure you will know.

Thinking of you and your family. x
wow.. im so sorry to hear about the circumstances..
i came home fmro work and found my son had passed.. still warm.. after cpr.. and then the medics.. ( who lied to me and told me that they had gotten a rythmn) the air lifted him to the hospital..  found out later he had died hours before.. and that dh's body had been keeping him warm.

im going to be a wreck for a while with this new baby i am sure..
i am so sorry you lost your son.  so sorry. i wish no one would ever have to go through that.. it so hard. so emotionally  depleting.. and so very heartbreaking.