Maternal & Child Community
Hi ladies... update and questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi ladies... update and questions

Hello everyone! I'm not able to get on here so much anymore now that I have Leah.  I tell you, being a stay at home mom sure is tough... I feel busier than I have ever been.  It's so hard to juggle the baby and school work and groceries... thank goodness Christmas is over, that was keeping me pretty occupied also!  

Leah is doing well.  I took her to the doc at 3 months and 3 weeks and she was 15.6 pounds!  She's a total chunk!  I just love it!  She's over 4 months now and boy is she getting heavy!  

I'm having sleeping issues with her again.  They say you can't spoil a baby but I think I've managed!  Things were going GREAT a few weeks ago.  She was sleeping through the night in her pack n play on the bassinet setting.  Well she got sick and the doc reccomended propping her on my arm at night so that her sinuses could drain while she slept. So she and I began co sleeping again while she was sick.  Well now she refuses to sleep with out me!  I had to take the bassinet out of her pack n play because she's now over the weight limit and she wants nothign to do with sleeping in the bottom of it.  Her crib is a no way unless she's on her tummy.  

Today I did let her take a nap on her tummy while I was cleaning the nursery and she was in her crib.  She slept amazingly!  I know I can't let her sleep on her tummy at night though.  I guess it is more comfy for her because she gets kinda used to sleeping tummy to tummy with me?  Anyway, Iknow there is a book out there about sleep training.  Does anyone know the title and if it will work fora  baby that is as old as my Leah?  I got an air mattress to put into her nursery so we can work on it in the new year!
i know they not to let them sleep on there tummys but i have a 10 week old son and that is the only way u can get him to sleep cause he has colic and it seems to be most comfortable, so if she feels comfortable sleeping on her tummy let her cause i'm sure a lot of us did when were babies and we all turned out fine
tummy sleeping makes me very nervous. we all turned out fine because we're the ones who didn't die of SIDS (obviously). but the statistics for tummy sleeping vs back sleeping are scary. i believe the book you are referring to advocates the cry-it-out method. that technique has been argued passionately on this forum- i was looking for the thread but couldn't find it. maybe some else can post it for you so we don't have to go through that one again :)

is she a deep sleeper? what if you did babysteps? let her fall asleep in your bed, then move her to hers. i'm dreading the transition to crib too. dd is 5 1/2 months and her toes reach the bottom of the bassinet. i just can't imagine crawling out of bed to check on her, especially since she's been sick for a week now.
hey girl. wow your situations sounds excatly like me and Jayden. He won't slept without me.He doesn't like his pack-n play crib bassinett,etc.HE LOVES MOMMY, lol He sleeps on my arm too( I do love being close to him though) he will sleep beside me at first,(with a position on the bed) but when he wakes up, he wants to be face to face with me.That's really the ONLY way he gets a good sleep. If he is on my chest he sleeps even better but I had to stop that at night because I just can't sleep. I also have let Jayden sleep on his tummy for naps if I am right there. But I'm way to nervous to let him sleep on his tummy at night or if I am not right there.I know that he is spoiled but like you I have no clue how to get him into a better sleep stituation. I've tried almost everything but sometimes I just need SLEEP so I fall right back into our old habit.On the weekends, its "daddy's turn" to have nighttime duty, but its so sad because he tries to sleep with him but my husband snores so loud and jayden wakes up! And I end up having to get up most of the time.I keep thinking by the time he is 6 months,maybe I can get into a better rountine but I can't seem to stick with it. I think that is the key. To find someting that works for you and Leah and stick with it. There is this really good book I am reading called The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems: Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood by Tracy Hogg. It's really good, I just wish I could stick to it.lol. I got it from my sis-in-law who had twins, and she actually got them sleeping through the night at 3 months in there cribs,and pack-n-play.

I'm sorry I don't have much advice but hey at least you know you aren't alone! Oh and Leah is such a cutie!
thx for the great advice!  ill def. check out that book.  i also like being close to her but i want life with my husband back too!  He's been on the couch for so long now!  i feel the same way about the tummy...naptime if im right there but im scared to at night!