High Blood Pressure after Baby is Delivered
Wondered if any of you had heard of this or been through it.  My 2nd son was born Oct 26, 2 weeks early.  I was showing signs of going into labor so the Dr. put me in and broke my water because my blood pressure had started going up the last 2 weeks before.  I have had a totally normal blood pressure thru the entire pregnancy, even below normal at times, so I was surprised when it started going up.  While in the hospital it continued to stay extremely high and has since stayed high now a week and a half after delivering.  She has put me on blood pressure medicine because my bottom number was staying over 100.  She says I have pregnancy induced hypertension but I thought having the baby would have remedied this.  Have any of you ever had this happen to you after giving birth where your blood pressure stayed high?

I have been blessed with an almost 5 yr old boy and now another son whom is doing really well but I don't feel good at all.  Would appreciate any help you may have.  Thank You.
I had a friend of mine who had really high blood pressure throughout her pregnancy, they decided that they would induce her 1 or 2 weeks early. She continued to have the high blood pressure until i think about a month after he was born, i think that they also gave her medication for the high blood pressure but not to sure.
I had pregnancy induced hypertention, but it did not continue after my daughter was born. I also thought that it goes away after the baby, just like gestational diabetes. Did you ask your doctor why it didnt go down?

PeanutMom
Your blood pressure may remain elevated for many weeks after delivery.  
dont know the reasons myself.but just had to write.i had my child at 23.my blood pressure was normal al the way through pregnancy.then two days after giving birth my blood pressure shot through the roof.i was also breast feeding for 6weeks.yet i was on the medication for 12weeks.so i doubt that breastfeeding had anything to do with it as my blood pressure was still high for another 6weeks.my daughter is now 17months and im 25.i had a regular blood pressure check and its now high again.just needed to say that i understand how your feeling and wish i had the anwsers for you.