High heart rate in the mother?
I can't seem to find any info on this in my pregnancy books.  I'm five months pregnant with preexisting hypertension that I take pregnancy-safe medication for.  I have a BP monitor at home and check my BP routinely.  It also tells you your heart rate, which is typically around 105 to 115.  Is it supposed to be higher during pregnancy because of all the extra blood and work your heart is doing?  I asked my OB at last month's appt- she checked and it was 90, which she was fine with.  My monitor rarely says anything below 100, and it has been verified accurate for BP readings.  I don't feel like I'm exerting myself a bunch right before I check my BP/heart rate.  Lately I can FEEL my heart beating (pounding), if that makes sense.  Like right now and especially when I try to sleep, it's like I can hear it inside my ears.  Anyone dealt with this?
My heart rate was higher durimg during pregnancy. Usually over 100 also. After I had him it went back to around 75 average. I think it is normal to be a little higher durimg pregnancy.
Your right your heart is pumping more blood , and with added weight it probably is working harder.
Talk to your doctor about it if your worried. As long as your not having chest pains, shortness of breath  or other heart related symptoms I would imagine its due to pregnancy.
Thanks to you both.  It's a relief to know that someone else had a heart rate that was over 100 while they were pregnant (neither of my close friends who had babies experienced this).  And Cinnamon, that's just what the Dr said last time- no shortness of breath, no chest pains...no problem.  It's hard not to worry, I guess.  We find out if it's a boy or girl tomorrow at 10 am here in Texas!!!  Very exciting!!!
good luck! let us know! danielle
I can't remember what my heart rate is like, but I can relate to the heart pounding in the head!!  I'm over six months now, and it has subsided a bit, but it was to the point where DH could even hear it pounding while he lay beside me in bed.  I'm glad to hear it's not just me!
When I was around 5 months my heart rate shot up because of a big drop in blood pressure. MD says the pressure dropped because the baby was going through a growth spurt and that was typical for 20-24 wks gestation. So, if your pressure is a little lower than normal, your heart may be speeding up to maintain the same bloodflow.
Thanks everyone- nice to know I'm not alone!
Nope, same here.  Faster rate.  It sounds like you are a normal pregnant lady!!!!  Good luck tomorrow!