Maternal & Child Community
High progesterone at 4 dpo, cramping and spotting 8 dpo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I took my first cycle of Clomid 50 mg days 5-9.  I didn't ovulate until Day 19 and my dr. had progesterone checked on Day 23 (4 dpo) and it was 24, which they said was really great.  Then at 7 dpo I started having mild cramping, heaviness and mild low back pain.  Today, at 8 dpo, the pain is a little worse (not bad though), but there has been some spotting/bleeding when I go to the bathroom.  My question is, is it more likely this is the start of AF or could it be implantation?  It just seems that with that progesterone so high only 4 days ago, that AF wouldn't be starting so soon?  But if it were implantation, would it be normal to be having the abdominal cramping and low back pain?  I just don't know whether I should give up my hope or not.
Hello.   I am having similiar issues... I just had IUI on Friday and I am very crampy.... not exactly sure what that is... and I guess I would be considered 2DPO....  Maybe what you are experiencing is implantation bleeding... Hopefully it is and the cramping is just the implanting!!  Wouldn't that be great!!!   Take care!!! Jacquie
It sounds more like implantation bleeding, but I'm not sure about the cramping and back pain. If it turns out you're not pg, ask your doctor if you can take the clomid earlier next cycle, like on days 3-7. If you do that, you'll ovulate earlier in your cycle.

Sorry, you're probably just as confused as you were before I answered.
Thanks for the replies.  I remember having about 3 days of mild bleeding with my son that I thought was AF, went in for Day 3 testing b/c I was going to a RE the next day, but the pg test came back positive.  That's been 4 years ago, but I know I wasn't this crampy and I don't think the bleeding was as much either.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  I'm going to call my dr. tomorrow and ask if I can get a blood pg test done, just in case, since I'm suppose to start the Clomid again in a few days if I'm not preggo.  So keep your fingers crossed.  A thought crossed my mind, though, that what if I had multiple ovulation and twins are implanting ~ wouldn't that cause more cramping and/or bleeding?  I guess I just don't want to let go of hope, especially with a high progesterone level.  Last month on a regular cycle, it was 14 and I had a 13 day luteal phase.  (I usually always ovulate, just not a good ovulation.  Progesterone levels are usually less than 10, but last month was  a fluke.)  I guess I'm so anxious since I had a m/c at the end of March and didn't think it would take this long to get pg again.
i had mild cramping the entire first few months. you'll probably just need to wait and see.
Good luck!  I had breast tenderness 2dpo...  And for more than a week now I have been feeling like my AF is coming to town.  Don't worry or stress too much on the issue.  I'm sure your BFP is coming soon.

Baby dust to all!
Well, I think it's all over.  Heavier bleeding started this morning, so I'd say AF has arrived, or possibly a very, very early miscarriage.  I've put in a call to my dr. and they've not called back yet.  Thanks for your replies.  I'll let you know if anything changes.
i am a little worried too. the first day of my cycle was 7/26 and i started taking clomid days 5-9; i did labs and had high progesterone levels. my cycle was due 8/23 but it did not come. so i began to get excitied but today i experience some mild cramping and light pink spotting. not really sure what is going on. was really hoping to be pregnant. let me know how things pan out for you. good luck