Maternal & Child Community
Hip/low back pain at 32 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hip/low back pain at 32 weeks

Background on me to start- Before I was pregnant I was getting steroid injections and taking hydrocodone for 3 herniated discs in my back, 2 torns discs and degenerative disc disorder.

Now onto my problem....

ok ladies. I need to vent for awhile. I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 7 years and now I finally am. I truly feel blessed to be carrying a baby girl. However, I am having severe pain in my right hip/low back area. It is so bad that I can barely walk. I don't know what to do about it. I really don't see the sense in calling the doctor because...well what are they going to do for me? I really want to enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy but I just can't. I hurt so bad that when I go to stand up tears well up in my eyes from the pain. I don't know what to do to feel better. I have heard that you can take hydrocodone during pregnancy but everyone is different on their opinion of this. Should I start taking the hydro's again so I can at least enjoy being pregnant or do I suffer through the last few weeks and hope for the best. I just don't know what to do and I am at my wits end. I hurt so bad ladies. Please help. Your advice is always welcomed.

Thanks,
Danielle