Maternal & Child Community
Home sperm count test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Home sperm count test

Has anyone tried the at home sperm count tests?  I don't think it is my husband that is the problem because we have a 4 year old DD and I had a chemical pregancy in January.  Any advice will be greatly appriciated!!!!!!!
No I have not tried them nor are they highly recommended. They can give you a sperm count but it cannot tell you if they are shaped correctly, swimming in the right direction, healthy.
my partner has 3 children from his first marriage and we have been trying to conceive now for nearly 5 years. it took me a long time to convince him to do one of those test that measure the sperm motility (as he refused to go to a lab).

anyway, it turned out, his sperm was slow and he was shocked for month! it takes 3 month for sperm to be ready and many things influence the development of healthy sperm.

my advice is to do the test, if everything appears ok, continue ttc, but if it is negative, at least you know and can get further tests done.

sticky baby dust to you.
which kit did you use and where did you shop it from i need a one and cant decide which one to buy