Hospital visit for PTL..very frustrated!
I am 30w2d and started having regular BH yesterday at 1:30. When I finally started to time them they were about 5-10 min apart for about 1 hour so I called the on call DR. He was not more normal OB and was very impatient with me saying that 5-10 min apart isnt consistant. I am high risk I have a uterine septum and had my son at 36 weeks and had preterm contractions with him. He finally told me if I wanted to to go get monitered. I almost didnt go because he mad me feel like an idiot and like I was just being paranoid but I finally went with my gut. At the hospital they checked for a UTI..neg. After about an hour on the monitor my BH started to become painful and they were coming every 2 min for 45 min until they came in with terbutaline. that slowed them for about 20 min and then they started to pick back up. They did a FFN which came back negative so they sent me home immediatly while I was still contracting every 5 min with no meds or instructions except that I will not go into labor for at least 1 week. Is this normal practice to just send someone home in pain?
When I went into preterm labor at 27 weeks, I was sent from my hospital to a hospital with a amazing NICU by ambulance. They had given me terbutaline too but wanted me to be where the NICU was just in case, plus it is a high risk hospital. I was dialated to 1. They got my contractions stopped and released me home on strict bedrest. 4 days later I had a check up with my regular OB again and he checked to see if I was dialated any further, and rushed me to the women's center because I was in labor again, and dialated to 4. This time, they gave me magnesium sulfate and said we did not have time to wait on a ground ambulance and took me by helicopter back to the high risk hospital, where they stopped my contractions again, but this time I was kept on hospitalized bed rest. I had a c-section at 31 weeks after they found the cord around his neck 6 times. But from the sounds of it, they didn't take your preterm labor very seriously!!!!

On a different note, I didn't know I was having any contractions. I originally went to the hospital the first time due to decreased fetal movement, which I was supposed to be watching for, and the nurse hooked me up and was like OMG, you are having some strong contractions...I didn't feel a single thing, either time I was in labor!!!!