Maternal & Child Community
How can I have a baby after an ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

How can I have a baby after an ablation

I had an ablation almost two years ago. I have a 13 and 8 year old but am now divorced and dating someone new. He is an only child and wants children of his own. I am truly in love and we have been talking marriage but my procedure is holding us back. My OBGYN said I can't have children after the fact but I have never asked her my actual chances. I have been reading that it is possible but with many risks. My periods are coming back slowly but surely and more each passing month. Does this make my chances greater? Is there anything I could/should do to strengthen the lining of my uterus? I really want to marry this man and share a child with him. Any advise would be beneficial.
Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist (fertility specialist) and ask to be monitored for a cycle, he or she will be able to tell you if your endometrium is shot or not.  If it is, don't try getting pregnant, you could risk your life.  The option then would be to use your egg and your husband's sperm, and use a gestational carrier ('surrogate mother') to carry the pregnancy.