Maternal & Child Community
How can I tell if my breech baby has turned?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 39 weeks pregnant and last week found out that my baby is breech. I have a cesarean scheduled for this Thursday, but I had a few questions first. I knew that she had turned because i could feel her kicking me really low in my uterus, but now i am very confused, they say that there is only a 25% chance that the baby will turn back on thier own, but i am feeling kicking all over now, up high and then back down low, and even in the middle of my uterus. Can she really be turning that much? If so what are the chances that the umbellical cord is wrapped around her neck? I could ask a doctor these questions but they don't know how it really feels, so i was hoping someone out there could give me some personal experience before I go into c-section. Thank you for taking time to read this.
Before you go in for a c-section, insist I mean INSIST they do an ultrasound if it looks like they aren't going to.  A friend of mine 's baby turned the day before delivery.
Hi.. My baby is head down now, I am in the 34th week now.
My baby has the bums up near my diaphram, body at my left side and legs folded down towards lower end of my uterus at the right side.

I feel movements all over!!! Bums pushes me at top, one hand is at the left side so that too pushes at that side, and right side as her legs are there, I feel movements there too. As she goes up and down, I feel the head down near the pubic bone too.

She could have changed her position, babies change positions as late as when you have contraction too. If this is not your first one there are more chances for that.

You must be able to feel her profile by moving your hand over your belly when she is moving. You will get an idea of which part is moving then.

All the best for a normal and sound delivery.
ouch sorry, i did not see the part where you said you are scheduled for a c-section.When I saw Annie's post I reread yours.

Yes, if the C-section is scheduled exclusively due to the breech presentation, demand an U/S before you go in. You might be lucky to have her turned by her own.
I work at a hospital and here if they are doing a cesearan due to the baby being breeched they ALWAYS do an ultrasound before surgery to confirm the baby's position.  I don't know the policy at your hospital but I'd think that would be a standard thing.  Just tell them when you go in that you want one done to confirm the baby is still breech since you want to avoid a c/s at all costs.