Maternal & Child Community
How come I feel so guilty after having a d/c?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello
I had a d/c yesterday and I feel so guilty. The first day of my last period was appox. June 29th. The Dr said he couln't see a heartbeat. I had 4 u/s each one confirming the other "no heartbeat" The baby grew to about 6weeks and stopped. I figure I was about 8 weeks yesterday. Could the Dr have been wrong? I know you are suppose to see the heartbeat at 7weeks but maybe the baby was a little slow. Maybe I should of waited one more week? Will I forever wonder if I made a mistake?
You have to believe that there was nothing you could do to change the way things happen. You were smart to get so many ultrasounds to show that the heart wasn't beating so it doesn't sound like your decision was made in haste. I know how the feeling of guilt can overwhelm you, especially when a child is wanted so badly. I lost my son at 20 weeks, and had to deliver him with the chance (very slim) of him being alive for a couple of minutes after birth (he was very ill). I do still wonder to this day if things could have been different but I promise you that the feelings do lessen.  And time will bring new experiences. You did the right thing.
Thanks a bunch for your comments. I feel better today. Iam also sorry you had to go through losing alittle one. Thanks again!
Thanks. I still feel so sad but can't wait to try again.
I TOO JUST LOST A BABY...BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE ***@**** LAST PERIOD WAS JUNE 25TH,, I JSUT FELT LIKE I COULD RELATE TO YOU BECASUE YOUR LMP WAS JUNE 29TH....,MY BABY ONLY MADE IT TO 4 WEEKS....I STILL CAN'T BELIVE HOW STRONG THE SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY WERE WITH ME...ITS SOMETIMES OVERWHELMING,,,,,,,
PLEASE DON'T STRESS  YOURSELF OUT,,,TRY AND BE AS STRONG AS YOU CAN...IM NOT GOOD AT THIS MYSELF BUT HOPE TO HELP THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED ME THROUGH THIS TOUGH TIME....ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE!!! I AM...WE CAN DO IT,,,,,,,,TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF,,,,,,
My LMP was July 18 with very heavy bleeding to include clots. I missed period in Aug, took pg test, positive, had nausea and dizziness since early July up until Sept 6 weekend. Had prenatal appt was est at 8 weeks, bleed brownish blood 3 days later, no clots no pain. Have d/c scheduled tomorrow. Could I have miscarried 2 months ago? HGC levels rising.