Maternal & Child Community
How do I know!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

How do I know!?

I had intercourse 12/9 and 12/10. & also on 12/13 with a different partner, he had a slip though so I took the emergency contraception Plan B.. yet that was also my highest day of ovulation. I waited about 8 hours until I took the first pill though.. I just found out a couple of days ago that I am pregnant, and I really don't want to go through my whole pregnancy not knowing who the father is..
Sorry, but unless you and all potential fathers are up for doing DNA testing while the baby is in the womb (and you can find a doctor willing to do it that early for reasons that aren't medical but are instead essentially legal), you are going to have to wait until the baby is born, and then do DNA testing.  Your dates are too close together for any other way to answer.
You might just have to go through the whole pregnancy not knowing, but although it's hard, try not to stress the whole time; your stress affects the pregnancy.  Unfortunately, you can't turn back time and now that it's done, just concentrate on being healthy for you baby. Time will go by faster if you don't spend the whole time worrying about it.  Then when the baby is born, do the DNA test and find out. Good luck.
The only thing I would add is that you might talk to your doctor about Plan B.  I have heard that it will not knock out a pregnancy that is already there, so my tendency if I had to guess would be to think it was the baby of the first or second sexual encounter, not of the last one if you took Plan B only 8 hours after the last one.  Don't know if this helps, since it is not that clear to me from your post if the last encounter was the only one with that partner, and if you really took Plan B just 8 hours after it (I also don't know how long you have with Plan B, before it is ineffectively late).  Again, talk to your doc about what Plan B does and does not do and its timing, before you take this speculation on my part as helpful.  (I just don't know that much about Plan B.)  Also, for obvious legal and moral reasons, you will still need to do DNA testing once the baby is born even if you think you have some idea of which guy is the father.  No man should be asked to take on the responsibilities of fatherhood if there is uncertainty that the baby is his.  Good luck.
I wouldn't think you would know you're pregnant after only what 10 days after interourse? I would be looking at you getting pregnant in November. How many partners did you have then?

Stacy
StacyJ - I think you're counting wrong.  A couple days ago would be the 28th of December,  15 days after ovulation and the last sexual encounter.    A grocery store pregnancy test would be effective at that time.

Stacyyyyy,  besides just idle curiosity on your part who the dad is,  what does it really matter?  You're not in a committed relationship with either one,  I wouldn't risk the baby's life just because you're curious about which of these guys fathered your baby.
She is 16-20 days after intercourse.  

My advice is just be honest with them from the beggining, it will make you look like a much bigger person in the end, I was in the same boat, (15 yrs ago) And being honest really was the best thing I could have ever done, it kept me sane, and it all worked out perfect in the end. Good luck to you!
I was thinking that it would be the baby of first or second encounter too. The thing that gets me though, is that I wasn't ovulating at that time. Yet, my highest ovulation date was the 13th. Also, Plan B is only effective up to 72 hours (3 days).
As kiki said above, your best course is to be honest with all partners.  The dates are so very close together, you cannot know anything for sure no matter whether you suspect this or that about how Plan B works.  You're going to need the DNA test, and all the possible daddies are going to need to be tested too.