Maternal & Child Community
How do you know you had a miscarriage?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

How do you know you had a miscarriage?

Hi. This question have been bothering me know for 2 days. I am 7 weeks preganant. We heard the heart beat 130.  Everything looks perfect. Except I don't feel pregnant, I am not sick? Just very tired. We told our family and friends this week. My mom is so excited she already started to buy tiny bits and pieces. (I am not complaining as I can't afoord to buy anything at this stage). But know I keep on wondering if my little babay is still growing? Or I am worrying that I might have had a miscarraige (miscarriage). I had no bleeding and nothing feels deffirent, so I know this is in my mind. I am only seeing my docot again on the 19 March. So my question is, Is their any signs and symptoms of a miscarraige (miscarriage)?
All pregnancy are different and so people don't feel pregnant their whole pregnancy I was one of them and I had a heathly Baby Boy!
Don't worry everything will be fine!
i discoverd at 5wks and did not get a single syptom (symptom) till 18 wks ! dont worry x x
I was having cramps and spotting so, I went to the doctor and she told me that I had a sac but no baby. She said I was going to continue having cramps and my spotting was going to turn into a normal to very heavy period. It did end up happening a day after she had told me. The bleeding was super heavy, way more than a period is. Try to relax. If you went to the doctor already and everything is fine, don't be putting any ideas in your head. I have heard of women that don't feel pregnant at all until they see their tummy grow. Like I said just relax and enjoy.
I had a m/c in November and had my HCG level monitored every 48 hours, that was the 1st sign of a problem because they were not doubling/rising.  At 7 weeks I started having cramping/pain, etc.
On a happier note, I got pregt two weeks after the m/c and am now 1 day away from 14weeks.  I havent had any morning sickness and for the most part dont really feel pregt alot.  I do have frequent pee trips in the middle of the night, sore bb, tiredness and a growing belly- other than that no nausea and feel pretty good most days.  Once I was farther along I rented a fetal heart doppler to listen to the heartbeat. It has helped ease my mind.  

Good luck and congrats!
Severe cramping and spotting which turns to bleeding are indicative of a mc.

You need to relax, the fact that you have seen a hb is a great sign.  Don't borrow trouble.
Relax.  You have already heard a normal heart rate.  If you are NOT bleeding, or cramping, or spotting, you are not experience a miscarriage.  Your chances of a miscarriage after hearing a heart beat after 6 weeks, goes down to 1%.  VERY SLIM.  Your not sick?  Your just fortunate.  I wasn't sick w/my daughter, but very ill w/my son.  All pregnancies are different.  

P.S. It is really difficult to 'miss' a miscarriage.  
m/c always start off with spotting that leads to bleeding and horrible cramping. It is not something you can mistake for anything else. As well, the normal pregnancy symptoms you felt before disappear and the HPT tests will start to have less of a line or be neg. after you've already had a confirmed pos. It is ok not to feel pregnant at this point, maybe you won't at all (lucky you!) or maybe it will take another week or two before you are feeling sick. I always knew when I was m/c, there was no mistaking it. It is less likely to m/c after you hear a heartbeat.