Maternal & Child Community
How does alcohol affect fertility and ovulation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello again ladies,  I have a qusetion, I went out with the girls on Saturday night and had a few drinks...I got real tipsy. The night b4, I went our with my husband and we had a few drinks.....I was a little tipsy then also but we BD that night. How does it affect my Ovulation?  Can alcohol make me not ovulate?  please give me ur insights!!!!!!  Thanks
LOL - not laughing at you but just at the situation...how many women end up pregnant because they were drinking too much.

It's funny once we are ttc...we get all worried about the alcohol....it shouldn't matter.

I think my daughter was conceived on a night my dh and i were ripped.
Hello! even when this is a veeeeeery good question, I don't believe you can post twice in a row girl. It says it in the terms and conditions.....just to let you know! ;) is not me the one with the rules....but I would hate to see people start fights.....
Good luck to you! =))

Oh...I had no idea your not s'posed to post twice in a row! Thanks for the info and I'll make sure to never do it again. Thank you!!!
No girl, you are fine and good luck :-)
No problem girl, you know, there's some hormones going on with all of us....;)
Like I said, that was a very gooooood question, I was in fact wondering the same, I went out last weekend with the girls and got 2 drinks.....didn't get drunk at all.....but I still wonder if it was NOT good.....I was at 6 dpo's....hmmmmmm
Would it affect at that point? i don't know! =/
go to the open forum
I think it would only be a problem if it were a common occurance whereby your body started to suffer physically from the 'over use' of alcohol! LOL I mean that if you were to do this every weekend (or more often than not) than you may start to find it a problem with regards to fertility or ovulation, but I think your body whould probably start to show other signs of disfunction to indicate that it was suffering, eg skin, hair, eyes (brightness of), weight etc.

Like someone else said here, there are many women who have fallen pregnant (on more than one occasion) whilst on the ****!
Three posts down
alcohol thins your blood so it will effect your lining
i would think if you were drinking like this daily it would be a  problem. but most of us have drank while ttc or just after before we knew. dont worry! fingers crossed for you!
If that's a weekly pattern for you, it could be a problem. Regular alcohol use can raise your prolactin levels, which can cause you not to ovulate. But if this was just a celebratory week, and not your normal pattern, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Which one? What for? did you post something there for me to read??
Thanks Ladies...It's so funny how much you "watch" for things when ttc.  :) I'm on CD 19 and we'll do the bd tonight until cd 21.....I'm not gonna rely on those stupid OPKs anymore.  And I have no idea when I'm gonna O so I think cd 21 should be ufficient enough :))  Thanks 4 all your help!!
Alright here's my question ... I am going out this weekend for a relatively big girls weekend ... and I am due to Ovulate around Wednesday/Thursday next week ...

Will the alcohol ( and possible the two or three cigarettes) I have this weekend affect my eggs and therefore possibly my baby in a negative way?

concerned