Maternal & Child Community
How early can you start to see implantation bleeding????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

SORRY IF THIS IS TMI.. JUST NEEDED TO EXPLAIN MY STORY...
I had a MC on April 10th and also had my D&C on the same day. AF came exactly 30 days later on May 11th. I just started my 2 AF on June 4th since the MC and my husband and I were going to TTC after this cycle well, I stopped bleeding completely on June 10th so thats 2 days total of no bleeding not even spotting. However, I had sex on the 7th 8th 10th and the 11th.  I never experienced bleeding afterwards ever! But today I started seeing light bleeding only when I use the restroom and not any on a panty liner or underwear. This has never happened before, my AF's usuallys last for 5 days. So it was pretty normal for me to stop. When I got pregnant before the MC I did have implantation bleeding but it was 2 weeks after my AF. IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING THIS EARLY?
Hi Again - I have been reading up on this and it is possible to have implantation bleeding 6 - 12 days after conception. I also MC'd before and I started implantation bleeding at 4 weeks. I think everyone is different and anything is possible.....good luck!
Its likely just still some irregular bleeding or spotting.  There is actually no proof that implantation bleeding even exists--its just a theory.  Many women spot or bleed during early pregnancy.  

You can also spot or bleed when not pregnant.  

The only thing that matters is the pregnancy test result.  Good luck!
I am confused...this was on webmd. Not that they are always right, but on most of the sites I have looked at this is what they say...

Implantation
Within 24-hours after fertilization, the egg begins dividing rapidly into many cells. It remains in the fallopian tube for about three days. The fertilized egg (called a zygote) continues to divide as it passes slowly through the fallopian tube to the uterus where its next job is to attach to the endometrium (a process called implantation). First the zygote becomes a solid ball of cells, then it becomes a hollow ball of cells called a blastocyst. Before implantation, the blastocyst breaks out of its protective covering. When the blastocyst establishes contact with the endometrium, an exchange of hormones helps the blastocyst attach. Some women notice spotting (or slight bleeding) for one or two days around the time of implantation. The endometrium becomes thicker and the cervix is sealed by a plug of mucus.

I was told by my DRs that you can have have implantation bleeding because with my pregnancy that ended in MC I spotted early on in the 5wk and the doctors said it was implantation bleeding ( I never even knew what it was til my DRs explained it) and I stopped after a day or so. I MC at 12wk so the bleeding wasnt from that.
I'm new to this site.  Been reading up on your topic regarding implantation bleeding.  Well, My period is supposed to be due to arrive on June 13th.  However, on June 1st. as I was wiping I had a slight spotting.  Then this continued on till the 10th.  Which got a little heavier, but not enough to fill a panty liner.  Whenever I would wipe, there's dark red blood on the tissue, but very light on the liner.  I did have unprotected sex during the week that I was due to ovulate.  Is this implantation bleeding and why is it lasting so long?  It's not alot cause when I do have my period it would be very light when it first starts, then it would be followed with 3 days of heavy flow...  I took a pregnancy test on the 9th., but it was negative.  Waiting till tomorrow again to take another one to see if I am.  Could this be a sign that I am having a MC?
No one knows for sure if that's what it is or not.  Its theorized.  If you can imagine a dot as big as the period in this sentence causing any measurable bleeding, then you can imagine how much bleeding implantation bleeding would be.

It means nothing.  You can spot or bleed when pregnant, or not pregnant.  Its only when the test comes back that you know.

Don't focus on it.  Real or not, the only way to know is to take a test.  If you get all psyched up about a few spots of blood, you could be in for a disappointment, that's all.
Thanks, it's just really very strange because I've never had this before.  I'm always pretty consistant with my periods and this is the first time i've had slight bleeding like this. Before my normal period is supposed to start.  And I am a little afraid that there's something wrong because it lasted this long....