Maternal & Child Community
How early might I start showing in 2nd pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I miscarried early in my first pregnancy, before I began to show.  Is it possible to begin to show a little in my 6th week the second time around?
Thanks!
Im not sure. I guess it depends on the person. I didnt start to show until I was about 5 months.
Hi, as far as I am aware, it's just thickening of your tummy at the stage of pg you are at, although it is different for everyone. I remember my midwife teling me that at 9 weeks, I just looked a 'little podgy' and that I certainly wasn't showing yet! hope this helps xx
With both of my pregnancies I seemd to start showing the minute the second pink line appeared.

I think for me, since I was thin to begin with, my body was just padding itself to prepare to nourish my growing (and growing and growing....)babies.

It's normal to have a little pudge and if it makes you feel more "pregnant" go ahead and get a few maternity clothes. But not much because soon enough, your tummy will seem to grow overnight!
I was 10 weeks and looked like I did at 4 months with my son.  AT 8 weeks people could tell I was bulging if they knew I was pg.  So it happened realllly fast with me.  Even now, I'm carrying so high that I look bigger.  So now I'm measuring where i did at 6 months with my son (i'm 4.5 mos).

:)
I am now 11 weeks (after 2 miscarriages last year) and very nervous... I don't want to tell people yet, but I am getting BIG... I swear that I'm as big at 11 weeks as I was at 4 or 5 months with my first pregnancy.  None of my regular clothes fit...  I wore regular clothes for half of my first pregnancy.
I guess our bodies are thinking-- "hey I've done this before... I know how to gorw!" and then boom!
:)
For me, I started noticing a pudgier belly at 6 weeks (first pregnancy), and I'm sure some of it was from bloating and digestive problems.  I am now 12 weeks, and I can feel that I have more of a belly, but there is still a nice layer of pudge over it.  For someone who doens't know I'm pregnant, it probably just looks like I have a little pot belly.  If you miscarried in your first pregnancy before showing, then it won't be like a second pregnancy where you show sooner because your muscles didn't have to stretch and adjust before.  If you feel you're showing already, it's probably just the pudge and/or bloating.  It's still a nice sign that something's going on down there though!!!  :)
I notest that with each pregnancy (I'm on my fourth) I started showing as soon as I took the pg test.  Okay maybe not the same moment but shortly after, I dont know if its partially in my head but I do know for sure there was changing.  1st pg I found out about 12wks, 2nd pg I found out at 5 months, 3rd pregnancy 8wks and 4th at 6 wks.  I am also overweight but I havent gained any weight but my stomach is holding itself in a different way.