MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
How likely is it to get pregnant after getting tubes tied?
by drgnwings2020, Jun 01, 2010
HI, I'm 25 and have 2 kids a 2 year old and a 1 year old. When i had my 2nd child i got my tubes tied! I haven't missed a period since i got them tied, But I'm 5 days late and i feel nauseated and boobs are sore, also there are things that i can smell that are way powerful! U think i should take a test and is it possible that i am pregnant?
Member Comments (8)
by waitingwithhope, Jun 01, 2010
You could test just to make sure, but it is not very possible to experience a pregnancy after getting your tubes tied, provided the surgery was done properly. I have heard of some people who have tubal pregnancies after their tubes were tied, but it is rate.
by kellym, Jun 01, 2010
Hmmm, Suposedly my MIL had her tubes tied but got pregnant with my husbands sister.
Like waiting said, if it's done properly it's slim chance. I'm terribly curious though! Take a test ;)
by waitingwithhope, Jun 01, 2010
Oops...meant to type rare not rate:) Yes, take a test, though, I agree with kellym
by bossy101, Oct 27, 2011
Just had I baby and got my tubes tied 3 months ago had two regular periods sence now I am late . When I got them tied I got a infection had to take antibiotics. Do u think they could have came undone ?
by bossy101, Oct 27, 2011
Sorry touch screen just had a baby not I baby.
by noelgirl, Nov 29, 2011
I'm trying to have a baby but my tubes are tied and I have a 2year old and I really want one and the doctor told me the my tubes wont stop moving y u want them tied I just hope and pray they come untied
by noelgirl, Nov 29, 2011
And they just tied not burnd so can it come untied
by MsUndaStood, Apr 05, 2012
I have 5 children and after that felt it was beyond time for me to get my tubes tied. Especially with the last two being a set of twins which whom I gave birth to back in 2006. After about a year later, I found out I was pregnant but had to have emergency surgery because the fetus was growing in my tube. After the surgery and my body was getting back to normal, I've had regular periods on time every month from then on. That is up until last month. I didn't come down and its a new month now. I know its only the fifth but I have no signs of a period. I do however have pregnancy symptoms. Sore breast, frequent urination, hunger, mood swings, fatigue...
The list goes on.
Can I be pregnant?
AGAIN!!!